eonon g2226u map problem. please help   

eonon g2226u map problem. please help

Postby adamjp2004 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:54 pm

I have a eonon g2226u in dash DVD and GPS. Unit is relatively new and this seems to be the only place on the internet with the knowledge to help me.
The Sd card that came with the unit will not work. It won't even read the card. I am willing to use any map that is simple and functions well. I downloaded a version of IGO 8.3 that was formatted for another eonon unit but I'm not even sure where to start
Eonon tech support is useless any advice at all will help. I'm limited in computer knowledge but do have a basic understanding.thanks in advance.
adamjp2004 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:02 pm

adamjp2004 wrote:I have a eonon g2226u in dash DVD and GPS. Unit is relatively new and this seems to be the only place on the internet with the knowledge to help me.
The Sd card that came with the unit will not work. It won't even read the card. I am willing to use any map that is simple and functions well. I downloaded a version of IGO 8.3 that was formatted for another eonon unit but I'm not even sure where to start
Eonon tech support is useless any advice at all will help. I'm limited in computer knowledge but do have a basic understanding.thanks in advance.

If there is ANY way to see what's on the SD card, I would make a back up of that information to your computer first. Then reformat your SD card using FAT32 and see if your card can be read. If not, your card may have died and you need a new one. Then on a [new?] SD card, copy all the files/folders from the download and make sure that the files/folders are exactly named with what you had before.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adamjp2004 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:25 pm

The Igo version and the version that came with it are far different. The unit can read the sd card through the USB and sd card reader on the g2226u but not when I go into set the navigation path.
adamjp2004 offline

Postby adamjp2004 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm

Anyone have any information on what the sys.txt file should look like
adamjp2004 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 pm

Can you make a screenshot[s] for us of your internal drive AND the SD card?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other