Eonon D5167 GPS not working   

Eonon D5167 GPS not working

Postby scotthin » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:21 am

I have a new Eonon D5167 , I cannot get GPS to work.
It struggles to pickup satelite signals 4 is the most I have had and
that took about 1 hour. when I run the software it says inactive
'no signal,.
It came with Kudos7 software and it shows a map of Sydney Austalia on startup when in fact I am in New Zealand.
I have now installed Igo Primo software and I have the same problem it also shows a map of Sydney Australia on startup,
It does indicate that it is connected to the GPS receiver but still no active signals.
Eonon say the map default is set to Australia ,does anyone know how to change the default to New Zealand, will this help with the signal problem, or does the original first fix GPS information need to be deleted, if so how do I achieve this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.
scotthin offline

Postby hughesyp » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 am

I too have the eonon D5167 but have IGO Primo working correctly.

I am however in Sydney so I can not give you an answer on that but i can suggest maybe deleting the Australia map (keeping a backup of course) so that it will force the unit to read the NZ map. Don't think that this will fix the signal problem tho. Is the receiver mounted where it will get a clear view of the sky?

Also, ordered my D5167 without maps and would not mind getting a copy of the maps that should have come with the unit. Any chance you could upload these for me. I am happy to upload my working Igo if that would be of any use to you.
hughesyp offline

Return to Other