Chinavasion Road Emperor Chinese 2 din autoradio/DVD/Build i   

Chinavasion Road Emperor Chinese 2 din autoradio/DVD/Build i

Postby Dave11 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 pm

I have Chinavasion Road Emperor Chinese 2 din autoradio/DVD/Build in navigation running on Windows CE 6.0
The screen resolution is 800x480
I am looking for a navigation system. It comes with Route 66 navigation which is not good at all.
I think iGo will be the best solution. But which version should I get? iGo8 or Primo?

Here is the direct link to the product: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Here is a photoshoot from the manual: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Can someone help me, please. I have wasted 4 days already trying to make iGo8.3 work, but no luck so far. Thanks
Dave11 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:06 am

It does not really matter if you use Igo or Primo.
The installation for both is simple and easy, the only thing you have to take care of is that a license is included in the pack, but afaik our versions in the forum are all complete.
It's basically just cpoying the files on the SD and to change the sys.txt - all explained in the Igo section.
After that you only adjust the path in the GPS settings to start the program.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

igo8

Postby shirway » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:55 am

Dave11 wrote:I have Chinavasion Road Emperor Chinese 2 din autoradio/DVD/Build in navigation running on Windows CE 6.0
The screen resolution is 800x480
I am looking for a navigation system. It comes with Route 66 navigation which is not good at all.
I think iGo will be the best solution. But which version should I get? iGo8 or Primo?

Here is the direct link to the product: [Please Register or Login to download file]
Here is a photoshoot from the manual: [Please Register or Login to download file]

Can someone help me, please. I have wasted 4 days already trying to make iGo8.3 work, but no luck so far. Thanks

i can help u , give ur email
shirway offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 pm

shirway wrote:i can help u , give ur email

Or just post the answer here instead
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sumesh0710 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:26 pm

hi all
I have the same Road Emperor from chinavasion bought 1 month before. I tried to use Mapmyindia maps based on miero 3.1 via SD card. This was working in my earlier systems. But here when i launch the audio gets off for maps as well as music player/movie player; anything thats managed from windows CE. Radio sound and disc sound has no issues. To get the sound back again, i need to restart system, but again same prob if i launch the map. But no problem if I use sygic maps.

But i want to use the other map, so i tried again and again..Also in another forum i got suggestion that to edit Ordinale.ini file to add line "SoftwareVolume=1". So i tried that too and now no sound for music/movie player even after restarting system. I tried hard reset also. I am not sure its because the change done in Ordinale.ini or because many times i launced MMI maps that caused some audio driver issue.
Now I entered in windows CE and checked the volume settings in control panel..I saw the volume slider is at low position. am not able to move it to up..Even if i drag it to high level, it comes to down when i take off stylus from screen. Image attached..Please help me here..
sumesh0710 offline

Postby nabi » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:29 pm

The obvious advise is to delete the line "SoftwareVolume=1" and see/listen what happens. The line itself should be of no influence of the device settings (normally) so I wonder what else could be wrong.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby sumesh0710 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:59 am

I tried removing line SoftwareVolume=1, but no luck..Now i dont want mmi maps..am ready to some other..some how i want music/movie sound..Any software to check if audio driver is working fine?
sumesh0710 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:13 am

Have you tried SoftwareVolume=100 or even =255?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sumesh0710 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:30 am

I am happy am at this forum, at least am getting helping hands to solve my problem.

Yes..I tried that too..I also noticed now in mmi maps, the volume control icon is disappeared now, with or without "SoftwareVolume".
Hope you know that, even i switch on system with out GPS SD card, the music/movie player doesn't have any sound. I am wondering why the volume slider is always at low position. What is your thoughts?
sumesh0710 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:11 am

TBH I don't know this device at all, Put it back as it was with the original software and try every reset option you can find in the menu and on the device itself. If you can get it back to it's original condition then that's a start.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sumesh0710 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:47 am

Issue resolved...:)

I just connected by phone via bluetooth, to see if it has sound..I dont know how, when i dialed a number sound came up..
Immediately I checked music and movie and it has sound..So I checked sound settings in control panel..and saw the volume slider is now half way up..I tried to move it up, but cant. So I tried to move to low level and it moved. And now its again stuck in low level volume, but i canceled the dialogue window..So I understand once the volume level is at down, its not movable again..

Anyhow, am happy issue is resolved..But now am scared to launch MMI map. Sygic will work, but i prefer mmi, since that is more simple to use.
Thanks fatboyfun and nabi for your support.
sumesh0710 offline

Postby lef7y » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

I have one of these too, and i have yet to find a working GPS program... wondering which program and version you have gotten working?
lef7y offline

Postby sumesh0710 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:10 am

I am using, MMI maps which is miero based. Sygic maps will also work. As per my understanding, any map map program that can operate under win ce OS 6.0 can work in these too.
sumesh0710 offline

Postby clariwee » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:43 am

I got one of these last week. Anyone has any idea how to prevent the auto mute of sounds when engaging reverse gear?
clariwee offline

Postby nabi » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:03 am

In the settings of the device? Read the manual !!

This is a GPS forum, not a car multimedia forum.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to Other