Best WinCE Sat Nav   

Best WinCE Sat Nav

Postby Skezza » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:06 pm

Hey,

I may post this elsewhere, I'm trying to find out the best WinCE sat nav for my car? In-dash preferred.

I don't like the idea of a DVD based sat nav, or any of the ones with hard firmware so I like the thought of being able to use WinCE and an SD card as offered by many of the chinese cheapies, but I don't know which to go for. Some look great, some look garbage, and unfortunately, getting a decent response is really really hard.

So yeah, best? Worst? Recommendations? Avoids?

So far, I've got Erisin and Eonon as fairly decent makes, and Meos and Milion as avoid like the plague. But please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you :)
Skezza offline

Postby rodangol » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:28 am

I have used 2 Eonon units. both are pretty nice, and seems fairly easy to change GPS program with SD cards. If you go with them, they seel from their site and EBAY
rodangol offline

Postby bruno83al » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Hi skezza.
I've recently bought an in dash navigation unit (made in china)for my car (skoda octavia). It features a
Samsung a8 1ghz dual core processor
512mb ram
4Gb internal memory.
2 external sd cards (gps and media)
S100 interface.
I've done a nearly 2 year research reflecting on different types of made in china navi units and this is the most recent and powerful so far.
Except a little lack in touchscreen sensitivity (this lack is more obvious in the previous models I've seen) this unit is fully recommended from me.
It costs 285$ (you have to add dhl post and a 6% fee if you pay with paypal. It costs me 408$ (dhl to albania in 4days) and I had a very good experience with the supplier.
Added yurbuh's igo primo (thanks to yurbuh and the guys from the forum who helped me with the setup).
So far it works like charm.
bruno83al offline

Re: Best WinCE Sat Nav

Postby brettotto » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:26 pm

I have an Erisin ES788G Car Multimedia system (Cheap Chinese unit) as many call it.
What satnav software would be best for the following specifications?

GPS
-GPS Model: SiRF STAR III
-Operation System: Microsoft Windows CE. NET 6.0
-CPU : SAMSUNG 2460
-RAM Memory: 128MB
-Memory Size: Can expand to 8GB
-Supported Maps: Sygic, I-GO, Polnav…
-Free 4GB SD Card included: yes
-GPS Operation Languages: English/German/French/Spanish/Portuguese/Italian/Russian/Arabic/Hungarian/Lithuanian/Latvian/Dutch/Norwegian/Polish/Romanian/Slovenian/
Ukrainian/Slovakian/Turkish//Finnish/Swedish/Greek/Bulgarian/Danish/Czech
-Voice guidance: Yes
-Support 2D/3D Map Views: Yes
-Picture in Picture function: show small DVD/USB/SD Picture in GPS/Setup/Home Background
-Dual Zone Function: Yes

I have tried Sygic but keep getting an "illegal operation" error.
brettotto offline

Postby mikec73 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:23 am

igo just about the only real option for wince with out buying the software somewhere. for a unit I would go with android now.
mikec73 offline

Postby b139b » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:29 am

I bought the Eonon GE02B because it is a Dab-radio. The unit works great except for the GPS software. The Kudossoftware from Eonon is not good, and i have problems to install other software. See my post above.
b139b offline

Return to Other