Which sytems I can install on my Becker 7988 (TA Highspeed 2   

Which sytems I can install on my Becker 7988 (TA Highspeed 2

Postby pera1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:40 am

Which nav-systems can I install on my becker except for Igo? And which maps can I install on my becker software? Becker has the extension for maps ".map" I have read they are navteq maps. Latest map I have for becker is from 2009 (v3). Hope anyone can help me
pera1 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:24 pm

Couple of things here. First, whenever you are referring to a device ALWAYS either link to a site where the specifications can be seen or just post the specifications. Also, iGO uses the most current maps so why is it necessary to have another different nav? I do it because of the different knowledge and support I can give.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pera1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:43 pm

In the title I mentioned the model of my nav. But here are some mor:
- Becker TA 7988
- Visual
- win ce 1.2
- Igo Primo installed, but not working

Because I cannot get Igo to work properly, I am looking for another to see if there are better results. As far as Igo is concerned: I can start is, but when I have entered a destination the little circle keeps spinning around on the map. The voice however works and tells me even where to go. But little stupid when nothing changes on the map! So this is why I am looking for a system that will work.
I have Igo Primo installed on my SD, because I do not have enough space in the flash (where the Becker programm is still installed).
pera1 offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm

pera1 wrote:In the title I mentioned the model of my nav. But here are some mor:
- Becker TA 7988
- Visual
- win ce 1.2
- Igo Primo installed, but not working

Because I cannot get Igo to work properly, I am looking for another to see if there are better results. As far as Igo is concerned: I can start is, but when I have entered a destination the little circle keeps spinning around on the map. The voice however works and tells me even where to go. But little stupid when nothing changes on the map! So this is why I am looking for a system that will work.
I have Igo Primo installed on my SD, because I do not have enough space in the flash (where the Becker programm is still installed).

It's WinCE 4.2 not 1.2. You cannot use any Primo with 4.2. You can use iGO8 http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-5-2011 Depending upon how much memory you have will determine if you can have TTS. Minimum 64 MB RAM. You need to change the .dlls in the root of the igo8 folder http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?912-TTS-voices-and-components Look at the bottom of the blue box.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:18 pm

If it's WinCE4.2, Tomtom Navigator 7 won't work properly, Garmin Mobile XT might but requires script editing.

Did you set up the GPS settings in the sys.txt for iGO?
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Could also be a resolution/data.zip issue. That unit is 320x240.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pera1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:32 pm

I did not do anything in te sys.txt. What to change there? It looks at the moment like this:

[device]
type="pearl_gtx60"

[sound]
csv_voice_enabled=1

[debug]
experimental_features="1"

[network]
available="1"
pera1 offline

Postby pera1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok, I do not understan the following: I have put in visual from Lanik. At his site he states that it works with Igo Primo: "With unlock, you can use almost all other navigational (GPS) programs, such as Garmin, TomTom, iGO or Destinator (as long as they support 320x240 resolution)."
I downloaded the two rar files of the links you sent me. The second rar file show me a tree, but most maps are empty. Is ths correct and what to do with the two rar's?
Can I put the whole Igo8 programm on my SD and start it from there?
pera1 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 pm

The Lanik Visual is only an unlock, not any navigation program. Yes, the iGO8 program goes onto the SD card. You must make sure that the path to the igo.exe is correct so your device knows where to find the program. Then you add maps, pois to the content folder and the appropriate sub-folders.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pera1 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:24 pm

chas521 wrote:The Lanik Visual is only an unlock, not any navigation program. Yes, the iGO8 program goes onto the SD card. You must make sure that the path to the igo.exe is correct so your device knows where to find the program. Then you add maps, pois to the content folder and the appropriate sub-folders.

chas521 wrote:The Lanik Visual is only an unlock, not any navigation program. Yes, the iGO8 program goes onto the SD card. You must make sure that the path to the igo.exe is correct so your device knows where to find the program. Then you add maps, pois to the content folder and the appropriate sub-folders.
NT

I know the lanik Visual is only an unlock, but at his site he claimes the becker 7988 works with Igo Primo. In fact, in his shell there are two buttons: Becker, to run the original becker programm, and Igo Primo. This is why I was a little surprised to hear from you that it soes not work with Primo. But never mind, I will now try and setup the system with Igo8.
pera1 offline

Postby pipetko » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:48 pm

I have one question. In My Becker (same model) is working perfectly igo8 but I cant find this freking sys.txt to mace the GPS button in startup menu be able directly to open iGO8 so to not go in the explorer and etc. ...I searched everywhere... Can someone tell me ?

About the topic there is what I do to make my iGO8 work:
1.I downloaded iGO8.3 and deleted the originally installed things on the Memory card and put there the whole folder of iGO8 and

in Settings -> Information find "NAVIGON" logo and if you give 3-4click/tapp you will be able to enter "Windows Explorer", from there select "Storage Card" -> iGO or find the iGO.pna ... and run the application

Wait a few seconds ... maybe 1-2 minutes to read the POI and other ... and looking for GPS application icon to give self-selection and will connect to satellites ... then "Have fun"

If the GPS device is not detected from iGO go to: "Settings" ->GPS -> And pres "Auto finding" after the device is found there will be one pop up window to tell you that and press OK. And that is all
pipetko offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:09 pm

pipetko wrote:I have one question. In My Becker (same model) is working perfectly igo8 but I cant find this freking sys.txt to mace the GPS button in startup menu be able directly to open iGO8 so to not go in the explorer and etc. ...I searched everywhere... Can someone tell me ?

You have to make sure that the .exe is named exactly to the .exe of the program that worked originally on your system. Also make sure that you have the proper sys.txt entries for your device. The sys.txt can be found in the root of the iGO8 program.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby pipetko » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:00 pm

chas521 wrote:You have to make sure that the .exe is named exactly to the .exe of the program that worked originally on your system. Also make sure that you have the proper sys.txt entries for your device. The sys.txt can be found in the root of the iGO8 program.

Well the memory is not inuff, but I found the files and its working :D Probably 3D cars and day and night wount work :D but the GPS is working :)

Thanks for the help :)
pipetko offline

Return to Other Systems