ViaMichelin x930   

ViaMichelin x930

Postby Becharco » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Hi everyone im new here so bare with me if i am posting in the wrong place, I have a ViaMichelin x930 and i lost the Canada card for it and all ive got is the USA card. is there anyway that i can load the Canada maps onto the US card? Thanks.
Becharco offline

Postby catsmokey » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 pm

i had a x960 & as viamichelin don't update their maps anymore i hacked my x960 & put igo 1.2 primo on it ~ i now have updated maps & a much better softwaree. if u search the posts u'll see how i did it as i did a " how to install primo on a viamichelin x960"
catsmokey
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Becharco » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:53 am

I install the drivers for my GPS but windows 7 doesn't recognize it. I plug it in and i just get 3 beeps from windows...not showing in my computer so who knows.:wallbash:
Becharco offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:23 am

Becharco wrote:I install the drivers for my GPS but windows 7 doesn't recognize it. I plug it in and i just get 3 beeps from windows...not showing in my computer so who knows.:wallbash:

I personally use Vista Home Premium on my computer and the GPS device is picked up fine in My Computer when I connect it to a USB port. My understanding is that Windows 7 uses the same kernel as Vista. Try a different USB port just to see. There is Total Commander as an alternative but try the other first. Total Commander http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3860-Total-Commander&highlight=total+commander
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Becharco wrote:I install the drivers for my GPS but windows 7 doesn't recognize it. I plug it in and i just get 3 beeps from windows...not showing in my computer so who knows.:wallbash:

You shouldn't need to install any drivers to access the devices file system as it's either USB mass storage or ActiveSync, and Win 7 can access both natively, Try connecting the device, Wait for it to fail to connect, Open device manager on your PC and remove the device and drivers, Disconnect and reconnect the device.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Becharco » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Well, i cleaned out my car today and found the SD card with the Canadian maps... I think ill just use this one and save up to buy a tomtom. then, when i get a tomtom maybe then ill attempt to hack my x930. but for now (unless i use it next week and realize what a piece of crap it is) i don't feel like even attempting it. Thanks for all the answers, its much appreciated.
Becharco offline

Return to Other Systems