ViaMichelin X11 Win CE 5.0 and Igo 8 Help   

ViaMichelin X11 Win CE 5.0 and Igo 8 Help

Postby sbyrn4 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Hi, I am looking for some pointers or help if someone would be good enough. I am not a complete noob as I've managed to get Igo 8 running on some other Win CE 5.0 Devices (mainly Binatone). I currently have a ViaMichelin X11-15302 which I am trying to get Igo 8 running on. There are some guides on here for other ViaMichelin models and I've followed them to the letter but nothing seems to work. At present I get the ViaMichelin Boot screen, quickly followed by the Igo 8 Launch screen but then it reverts straight back to the ViaMichelin interface and reports that it cant find any maps on the device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think I've gone as far as I can without some expert support.

Thanks in advance. :)
sbyrn4 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:42 am

Are you receiving any error messages?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sbyrn4 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi chas521, thank's for your reply. No, there are no error messages. After a hard reset the unit loads the default ViaMichelin boot screen, then for a split second I see the IGo loading screen where it says "INIT API" in the bottom right corner. Then it reverts back to the ViaMichelin software saying "No map found in the device".
sbyrn4 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:10 pm

This sounds like some sort of license error. If the maps cannot be read, there seems to be no file to unlock them. I believe you said that you got the program from here but what about the maps? I'm just guessing here. You might need both.

I guess that you read this http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4940-HOW-TO-INSTALL-iGO-PRIMO-ON-A-VIAMICHELIN-X960&highlight=viamichelin

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 pm

I do not read the software was found here? Where sbyrn4 said that? He followed the leads from this site but where the software comes from?
INIT API being a license matter, no doubt, is also an indication that the software is not from here.
And 'maps not found' is a Via Michelin message as sbyrn4 says. IGO halts after the license check - there all fails, thus back to system software.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby sbyrn4 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:59 pm

No, I didn't get the software from here, I used the existing software from my Binatone Carrera X350 that I installed some time ago. I'll get the software from here and report back. thinking about it I should have done that in the first place. Thanks for all the help up to press.

*Edit*

I just wanted to add that the install I have on the Binatone is only 205mb and works great. The SD card I have for the ViaMichelin is only 512mb and all the guides on here reccomend a 2gb card. I dont have a 2gb card to hand so need to keep the install size down if at all possible.
sbyrn4 offline

Postby nabi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:23 pm

You don't need a 2GB card at all. 512 MB can be perfect when you limit to what you need regarding maps, DEM, voices, .... 2GB is advised to have plenty of room and in the past (maybe not anymore) 2GB was ideal to have all maps from a continent on a SD. Maps are more detailed now thus larger in size, more and larger additional files (like buildings, smart routes, ...) are available, ....

In short, no real problem when your needs are modest. Ahum
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:54 pm

I assumed [bad choice there] in post #1 that had gotten the program from here. Here's another example of someone going to too many places and applying pieces. ONLY BAD can come from that practice!

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sbyrn4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:13 pm

My apologies for not being more specific in my first post. I have a 2gb memory card now and I am going to try a fresh install as per the link provided. Thanks again.
sbyrn4 offline

Postby sbyrn4 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:09 pm

After scouring these forums and using the software provided by the links I found here, I have successfully installed Igo Primo 2.0 on my ViaMichelin X11. Just to clarify, I used a 2gb card but it wasn't essential as I have less than 1gb installed including the map of Europe. I followed the instructions found here: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread....ht=viamichelin and all was well.

Thanks again for your help.
sbyrn4 offline

Postby nabi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:51 pm

You missed post #7 ?
No harm done. Glad that all is running and with 2Gb, you have some spare room.

Your link is not working, I suppose this one is the one you are referring to: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4940-HOW-TO-INSTALL-iGO-PRIMO-ON-A-VIAMICHELIN-X960&highlight=viamichelin
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Return to Other Systems