TomTom Maps Binatone F430   

TomTom Maps Binatone F430

Postby italianomale » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:24 pm

Hello all.

Please could anybody help?

I have just purchased a Binatone F430. It has UK and Republic of Ireland maps already installed. I want to install maps for Europe. From what I have read on the Internet it is possible to install TomTom or IGO maps onto Binatone models?

Does anybody please have any information on how to do this?

Thank you in advance for your assistance
italianomale offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby italianomale » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:52 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I have had a look at the link you provided. It looks quite complicated for someone with my basic knowledge. I am not sure if the device has CE5 or CE6 as I have just ordered the device from eBay. I was just doing some proprietary research and reading.

I am doing this as a favour for a friend. She wants to put maps on for Europe and the United States of America. The device already has the UK and Republic of Ireland pre-installed.

For someone that has never owned a car never mind a sat nav. Therefore, I am looking for a foolproof/ straightforward method to achieve this?

Please excuse my ignorance and thank you for all your help. It is very much appreciated.
italianomale offline

Postby Magnu420 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:19 pm

the binatone f430 is a win CE6 so tomtom will not run on this,but igo primo
will run on the f430 with no problems
Magnu420 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm

To summarize the guide...

If the device starts up with a "Dong-Ding" sound effect you can run Tomtom and iGO Primo, but if it starts up with a four note melody then only iGO Primo will work.

You will not need to connect the device to your PC and modify any existing files, Everything is done on a new SD card.

Just download your preferred programme and required maps to the new SD card, and create a text file called SHELL.ini with the file path as it is ON THE DEVICE entered into it,

Will be something like... \SDMMC\Folder\File.exe Replace Folder and File with the actual names.

Copy this file to the root of the SD card.

Restart the device and when tapping the navigation icon the new programme will start.

There will be other steps to follow depending on which programme you use...

NOTE: Removing the card and restarting will return the device to it's original programme.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby italianomale » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Thank you for your help, will give it a try when the device arrives.
italianomale offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:51 pm

It really is as easy as it looks...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Magnu420 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:It really is as easy as it looks...

unless you get a binatone x430 and they dont wanna play lol

you might want to check here >>> http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?8190-i-want-to-experiment-with-Igo&p=62880#post62880
Magnu420 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 pm

The X Series are a pain! But the F series are not :)
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby italianomale » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm

.I am not feeling so confident as I am a complete novice. I have never owned a Sat nav. I am doing this as a favour for a friend. My friend said she would prefer to use the primo2 as it is, in her opinion, better than any other sat nav software she has used before?

As I have understood it, I need to create a file \SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

and save as SHELL.ini and copy to the root of the card with the primo 2 software and when I start the device. The software will run from the card and not the internal memory?

I am not sure how to rename the directory to MobileNavigator and the application itself to MobileNavigator.exe?

What I don't understand is the f350 takes a Micro SD card. Does this mean I will be able to fit everything onto a 2gb card? primo 2 and maps, as my friend wants me to load the UK and Republic of Ireland and Europe?

I have purchased a 8gb schc as I read somewhere on this forum that's the you may be able to use the schc as the device takes Micro cards?

thank you for all your advice and patients. Please excuse my ignorance as I am learning as I go. I don't even own a sat nav.
italianomale offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:27 pm

italianomale wrote:.I am not feeling so confident as I am a complete novice. I have never owned a Sat nav. I am doing this as a favour for a friend. My friend said she would prefer to use the primo2 as it is, in her opinion, better than any other sat nav software she has used before?

It looks complicated but it's easy really, Your friend is correct about Primo 2!

italianomale wrote:As I have understood it, I need to create a file \SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe

and save as SHELL.ini and copy to the root of the card with the primo 2 software and when I start the device. The software will run from the card and not the internal memory?

Correct, Make sure it is SHELL.ini and not SHELL.ini.txt

italianomale wrote:I am not sure how to rename the directory to MobileNavigator and the application itself to MobileNavigator.exe?

Just a standard rename operation on your PC

italianomale wrote:What I don't understand is the f350 takes a Micro SD card. Does this mean I will be able to fit everything onto a 2gb card? primo 2 and maps, as my friend wants me to load the UK and Republic of Ireland and Europe?

The F350 can only accept cards up to 2GB, Primo has individual maps for each country, There isn't a whole of Europe file, so just add what you need or will fit

italianomale wrote:I have purchased a 8gb schc as I read somewhere on this forum that's the you may be able to use the schc as the device takes Micro cards?

MicroSD cards come in SD and SDHC variants, You need a 2GB card

italianomale wrote:thank you for all your advice and patients. Please excuse my ignorance as I am learning as I go. I don't even own a sat nav.

It's no problem :)
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby italianomale » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:55 pm

"copy the new application's directory to a SD card and rename the directory to MobileNavigator and the application itself to MobileNavigator.exe
ie, MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe"

please could you explain how to do this I am not sure?

sorry English is not my mother tongue.

Also where will I find the primo 2 software and UK and Europe maps?

Thank you
italianomale offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby italianomale » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:17 pm

Thanks for all your help and patience

I can't seem to enlarge your screenshot.

I have now downloaded the iGo-primo_2 file to my desktop. Inside the iGo-primo_2 folder there are two further folders - iGo-primo_2 and TTS voices. I have provided a screenshot to show you what is in the folders.

Do I rename the original iGo-primo_2 folder (that is on my desktop?)

I am confused to which primo2 folder to rename to MobileNavigator?

DO I rename the primo2 application to MobileNavigator.exe? 4052
italianomale offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Locate where Primo2.exe is and rename it to MobileNavigator.exe, and then rename the folder it's in to MobileNavigator

Copy this folder only to the SD card and then create the SHELL.ini
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to Other Systems