Newbie Question. Chinese gps maps   

Newbie Question. Chinese gps maps

Postby bigballs5 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:17 pm

I have just ordered a chinese gps/satnav from fleabay. The reason I did this is because Im thinking about getting a new incar system ( sat nav, mp3/audio , dvd, tv, internet, ect. ([Please Register or Login to download file] )
All the gizmos on the unit I intend to get seem fine and basicly simple.The only thing I am unsure of is the sat nav software, its windows 6 ce. so I have ordered a basic 5 inch chinese gps to seehow the maps look and update ect. I am totally new to this stuff, although i did fiddle with my tomtom a few years back. Is there a beginers guide on here(I have looked) or maybe someone knows of a better way to get me started... Cheers
bigballs5 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm not really sure what you're asking here. The unit you ordered seems very nice and has all the bells and whistles that you might need. I assume that you're from the UK so maps will be readily available for you. However, when the time comes that you need to update the maps on your device, you'll probably need a cracked program from here so that the license will be compatible. I wouldn't recommend TT for your device since it's a WinCE. An iGO product will be more suitable.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bigballs5 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi.

I havent ordered the all sing, dancing unit yet, just a little 5 inch chinese unit to see if I can learn about fiddleing about with the maps ect, before I splash out on the one on fleabay. Basicly I want to gain knowledge about how I go about as a newbie, cracking , what maps and how to utilise them ect.
bigballs5 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:29 pm

You'll want an iGO program from here. When the time comes just post in iGO general discussion and we'll try to help.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems