Need USA Maps for ViaMichelin X-930   

Need USA Maps for ViaMichelin X-930

Postby rolllerden » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 am

I am trying to help out a friend who just purchased a used [color="#CC0000"]ViaMichelin Navigation X-930[/color]. When turning it on, the display says, "No map found in the deviced." I viewed the SD Card, and found that the maps are missing. There are just 3 files in the "VMNav_Maps" folder (United-States.fdp.isv, United-States.hty and United-States.pms). Can anyone help me get the additional map files for the 48 states in the USA? THANK YOU in advance.

(NOTE: I was going to attempt to rebuild the map files from the DVD, but my operating system is Vista. Vista does not support Microsoft ActiveSync which is required to install the software on my PC).
rolllerden offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:27 am

On Vista use WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) instead of ActiveSync.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby catsmokey » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:23 am

hi
i would suggest you look at running igo8 on the x930, as viamichelin are no longer in the sat nav market place. look at this link for help :-
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4940-HOW-TO-INSTALL-iGO-PRIMO-ON-A-VIAMICHELIN-X960&highlight=viamichelin
the x930 has only 32mb of ram afaik so primo will not work. with igo8 you will be able to install the latest US maps. you will find links for the igo8 progam & the latest maps on here.
catsmokey
Primo 1.1 [GJA_Dafunk 2.23 with Truck Scheme] on ViaMichelin X-980T [unlocked by VIMORO] ~[/font][size=85] [size=50]Pro: 416 MHz ~ Mem: 64 MB RAM/ 256 MB ROM ~ OS: WinCE.net[/size] 5[/size][/font]
catsmokey offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby rolllerden » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:39 am

Fatboyfun wrote:On Vista use WMDC (Windows Mobile Device Center) instead of ActiveSync.

Thank you for the suggestion. I had read about WMDC previously, but did not understand that it actually works for devices other than phones. Once I installed WMDC, I was able to rebuild the maps on my PC, transfer them to the SD Card, and the X-930 fired up after a hard reset and works like a charm. My friend is very grateful. THANK YOU again! :)
rolllerden offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:03 pm

No problem :D
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems