Navsure Original SD Card   

Navsure Original SD Card

Postby kilomike » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Hi All,

New guy here! I am trying to acquire a copy of the original Navsure SD Card software - I see lots of chat about the new iGo 8 and such but my problem at present is that Halfords no longer sell the replacement SD cards and mine is corrupt completely.

I was fairly happy with the original functionality and even the older maps, but now I just have a touchscreen
CD Player / Radio. :doh:

I've tried NewzBin, Torrents and all sorts and still no joy.

If any one could help I'd be willing to buy an SD image or Zip file of the contents of an original card!

Thank you all in advance!
Regards,
Kilomike
kilomike offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm

The problem with navsure devices is they run a modified version of iGO to use the hardware sound mixer, if you use a version of iGO from this site (or any other site) the sound doesn't work.

But I have seen original navsure cards on Ebay.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kilomike » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey Fatboyfun,

Thanks for the speedy reply - I saw a couple of the chaps saying their original worked fine but not the new, so it was the original I was after. I only ever found one SD on ebay and paid over £80 for it and the guy screwed me on it, no card and it took 4 months to get a refund from ebay!! Nightmare.

I'll probably just bite the bullet and return to my factory head unit and forget this pile of rubbish!! I should've bought something a little better in the first place I guess!
kilomike offline

Postby plonker » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:13 pm

hi
i have igo8 running on wince6 if thats any good i can do you a copy.
plonker offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:34 pm

Thanks for the offer, but unless it's an original navsure card it won't work.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kilomike » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Plonker - thank you for the kind offer - I don't know if this makes a difference but I still have the original NAVSure Card, it just has no contents on it, so if it is down to the volume ID attached to the storage itself, that is somehow tied to the firmware of my headunit, then this might work no?

On a side note, I don't care about turn-by-turn navigation in terms of audio, I normally turn it off anyway, so if I could get *any* working map kit I'd be turbo pleased!

Thanks for the input guys, this is a properly helpful forum!

/<
kilomike offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:14 am

The navsure will quite happily run any version of iGO, but unless it's the original version you will get no sound, the radio etc works as normal.

Another member noticed that playing a silent mp3 with the original mp3 player activates the sound mixer and allows iGO's sound through, but this is at best inconvenient.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kilomike » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:02 am

Hey Guys,

I've acquired a copy of iGo8 and popped it onto my SD card, renamed igo8.exe to Navigation.exe and it starts loading, but then it fails with "Can't delete files_" and then restarts loading, followed by hanging at about 70% load - is there anything I need to know about loading iGo onto my card that I might be missing? (Attributes / paths or something?)

Any help would be magical!

Thanks again,
Kilomike
kilomike offline

Postby plonker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:17 am

hi
i didnt rename my igo.exe, i just sent sorted the folder out to load igo.exe.
i dont get a problem with cant delete files, but sometimes mine hangs on loading languages.
if this happens i just turn off the unit and restart it most of the time it sorts it first time but sometimes i have to do it 2 or 3 times. and sometimes i have to reset all the prferences.
maybe your problem is in the fact you renamed the exe file?
Andy
plonker offline

Postby plonker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:19 am

i do still have a problem with the speed cameras not working tho.
i did download a copy of the files from where FATBOYFUN said and installed them in the speedcamera folder, but still no joy.
any ideas anyone?
tnx
Andy
plonker offline

Postby kilomike » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 am

Hey Andy,

When I left the igo8.exe intact on the first attempt but the display just sat at "Can't find Navigation System". I'll double check that I didn't copy the folder contents and leave them in a subfolder, I'll move the contents to the root of the card and try again this evening.

Where did you get your source from? I can't be certain that my source files are intact you see!

Cheers,
Kilomike
kilomike offline

Postby plonker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:39 am

Hiya
when i bought the machine (million g2217, but unbranded as chinese, just i did some detective work..lol).
i got the sd card sent to me after when i put it in the unit there is a setup icon, if you untick the box then press the folder button, sdcard,igo8,igo8.exe(or igo.exe cant remember), then back out to main screen. press navigatrion icon and it should load.
then go into settings and find GPS untick box, press autodetect and it will find GPS. then go back to setting and customize to your liking..
at least that is what i did and apart from the odd hang up it works fine. if it comes up with "didnt load properly last time" then you need to reset all functions as a new setup, apart from chosing the path at the beginning. this only happens afeter 2 or 3 times of turning the unit off when it freezes on loading.
the only problem i have with the unit is the speed cameras
hope this helps
Andy
plonker offline

Postby kilomike » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:51 am

Excellent Andy,

Thanks for the info - I'm not sure I have those options but I'll certainly give it a go tonight. Another couple of chaps on here have the same model as me after some searching (Navsure 400i) and I've PM'd them. Kindly they have offered to send me an image of their SD Card, so I'll try these steps wnd failing that, hopefully I'll get one of those kindly chaps' SD images and should get back up and running.

I wouldn't mind but the big pain is having a nice little in-dash touchscreen that is just a fancy radio!

Thanks for the feedback mate, I really appreciate it!

Cheers!
Kilomike
kilomike offline

Postby plonker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 am

your very welcome.
if thier copies do not work let me know and i will send you a copy of mine.
you could do me a big favour tho if you dont mind..see if they have the speed cameras working and if so could they send me a copy of the complete speed camera folder and any changes i may have to make.
thanks
Andy
plonker offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:43 pm

@plonker

To activate speedcams, install the files as directed and restart iGO, wait until you get a satellite lock (important!)

Now the speedcam option will be available, however it may be called "Alert point settings" depending on the build version, Speedcams are off by default.

Also they won't show up in simulation mode, so go and drive past a camera...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to Other Systems