Navman S70 question   

Navman S70 question

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi guy`s,I have an S70 which works well enough for my needs but could do with getting the maps updated.Struggling to get my head around doing it if indeed it is possible.So if it can be done, could someone kindly explain what I need to do and in what order? Thanks for any help on this.
Rich offline

Re: Navman S70 question

Postby nabi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:34 pm

When you mean you still have the original software, you can't update maps or anything.
Best would be to replace the program by iGO8.3.5 or Primo2.0/2.4

navman-device-unlock-f141/need-unlock-navman-series-s30-example-t5399.html?hilit=navman
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:11 pm

nabi wrote:When you mean you still have the original software, you can't update maps or anything.
Best would be to replace the program by iGO8.3.5 or Primo2.0/2.4

http://www.navitotal.com/navman-device-unlock-f141/need-unlock-navman-series-s30-example-t5399.html?hilit=navman

Thanks nabi I will take a look into that,I did try looking at some older links re this model but they were all dead ones.

Regards
Rich
Rich offline

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Well I have made my first mistake,dont PM questions.So nabi would you be so kind to point me in the right direction for the igo zip file?

Thanks
Rich offline

Postby nabi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:03 pm

This is above all a forum. Getting help by PM undermines the value of any forum ;)
You got my PM? I think so. We can't be on line 24/7 as we do this as a hobby in our free time. So a mistake??
To the other members, it 's no secret: In my PM I told Rich to try Primo or at least a newer 8.3.5 build from our program section.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:39 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Be careful with the unlock...

http://www.navitotal.com/mio-device-unlock-f140/run-igo-primo-mio-moov-and-navman-series-and-some-t8169.html

Thanks for the advice Fatboy.Ok on the line,after suffering a heart attack last year one of the main things I suffer with and it effects a lot of people after one,is being able to get your head around things.What came natural to me a few months back is now a struggle as I can only seem to concentrate on one simple task at a time.So not wanting to screw this up,although not the end of my world if I do :lol: I assume I need to extract the zip to a folder first and then inside will be another folder with files I need to copy across.I have backed up my original Navman filkes so they are safe.So what exactly is this unlock,as I was under the impression from another post "No need to unlock"

Cheers.
Rich offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 pm

Follow the tutorial exactly...

Basically it's connect the device to pc, run a small exe file on pc which installs the unlock on the device
Now the device boots to a desktop with a Start menu, then you just copy the iGO programme across and run it's exe. You can add shortcuts to the desktop like on a pc, just follow the guide...

A word of warning, I belive the S70 is a pain for running other apps, meaning the wince core is too crippled, I could be wrong though...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Rich » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:Follow the tutorial exactly...

Basically it's connect the device to pc, run a small exe file on pc which installs the unlock on the device
Now the device boots to a desktop with a Start menu, then you just copy the iGO programme across and run it's exe. You can add shortcuts to the desktop like on a pc, just follow the guide...

A word of warning, I belive the S70 is a pain for running other apps, meaning the wince core is too crippled, I could be wrong though...

Thanks again,well it seems the only file I have managed to download is the Mio_Moov_Unlock Zip. The optimized version of iGO Primo 2.0 (192MB) or iGO8 for 32MB devices (16MB - Only UK English is included!) Are not available to download.

Edit, mistake #2 Optimised version still downloading :023:
Rich offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:24 pm

For reference "optimised" means I set up the sys.txt for navman and mio devices.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems