Nautical map Australia, Port Phillip and Western Port, Victo   

Nautical map Australia, Port Phillip and Western Port, Victo

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:35 pm

Since Snapper season is coming soon I took the hard work of creating a custom map for the areas of :
Port Phillip Bay, including all piers and the Yarra River entrance
Western Port including all markers
Off shore area south of both ports.

The data was generated from a Garmin Bluechart map.
All up over 15GB before I was able to join the single tiles.

Known problems and limitations:
I did my best to keep the map as accurate as possible and with the most details possible.
There are some areas, especially around some markers that appear as a double image - this is due to the fact that the vector map never fully aligns when it is moved and could not be avoided completely.
I was not able to include the blink frequenzies and codes for markers and buoys.
Although the map seems to be quite accurate it is not an offical map, nor a replacement for proper printed maps! It is only a guide so you'll find you fishing spots and way home.
You use the map at your own risk and it does not free you from visually checking for other boats, markers and other warning signs!

If you want to convert the ECW map into a different format make sure to have enough power and RAM in your PC as the pixel size is already 32685x19834 pixels, at 8bit coulor depths you might need a few GB of Ram ;)

Available formats to download:
Hidden text: ON
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to Other Systems