Myguide 4000 !   

Myguide 4000 !

Postby Siivet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello there, I just came across this forum while I was looking for some help on the myguide 4000 gps.

My father came home with one today, no manual no nothing, so It seems its pretty hard to find new maps or a more up to date interface, and for this I ask for your assistance.

Anyway I can update the interface and get current maps of Portugal and Spain?

all the info I have is on it a Myguide 400o Nav, Win Ce net 4.2 core, with a 256mb sd card with the Iberia maps !

Thanks for your time !
Siivet offline

Postby Atasas » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 am

1'stly- need to understand as how what works- Hardware is compatible with running different (Operating System)- navigation software... that is down to the specs of hardware...
One absolutely is as favorite over most is Getting iGO Primo 1.1 to run on it on(from) SD card
2'dly- maps- once you have it running- "small" matter of getting right(compatible) maps, that are activated etc to run with that OS
Atasas offline

Postby nabi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:39 am

I don't think Primo1.1 is a fair option. It might work but this type of Myguide has at least two flaws to run Primo properly.
The screen is 320*240 and it has limited memory 64MB.

I would suggest to try a minimal 8.3, like Yurbuh Tuggly's version : http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10941-iGo-8.3.5-Minimal-for-low-power-devices-TBM.
When that runs properly, a skin like Kikkers or diMKa or Gurjon makes more and better use of the screen.

But that is just my 2cts.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:58 am

I agree with nabi, CE4.2 suggests an older device, possibly with limited ram, so start with iGO 8...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby nabi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 am

Fatboyfun wrote:I agree with nabi, CE4.2 suggests an older device, possibly with limited ram, so start with iGO 8...

Wasn't the Myguide4000 introduced on the market in 2006? Or earlier?
Thus ... all you can make of it to enjoy a fully working device means to deal with its limitations. But that won't mean iGO cannot run properly. No TTS for sure. Possibly no eye candy (3D buildings), but that are exactly the things no one needs for navigating...
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Siivet » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:39 pm

Hello again, and thank you for the quick replays, must admit I want expecting it !

As far as I can tell the maps are from 2005, but I will try nabi's advice, the main goal is to get maps up to date and improve the interface as much as I can.

I´ll get back to you as soon as i try it out !
Siivet offline

Postby Siivet » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am

Well, I tried it and it seems to work, at least iGo works, and i got voice and all, maps are up too. Although gps lock isnt woking, i dunno because of bad weather or i need another antena on it, i got it locked this afternoon, I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you all for your assistance :)
Siivet offline

Postby Atasas » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:33 am

Siivet wrote:Well, I tried it and it seems to work, at least iGo works, and i got voice and all, maps are up too. Although gps lock isnt woking, i dunno because of bad weather or i need another antena on it, i got it locked this afternoon, I'll try again tomorrow.

Thank you all for your assistance :)

For that you'd need to find as what is native boud setting for your device and change it on sys.txt file on iGO (IE
[gps]
Port=3
Baud=9600
)
Atasas offline

Return to Other Systems