Memory Card for Mio C310X   

Memory Card for Mio C310X

Postby RoadnTrail » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi,

I am looking for a good memory card for my Mio C310X. I have used the recommended TopRam SD 150X 4 GB. Unfortunately, the card cracked. I can get another one. I was wondering if another perhaps more dependable one would work better. I would think that the sun shinning through the windshield made it brittle.

Thanks.

RnT
RoadnTrail offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:07 pm

RoadnTrail wrote:Hi,

I am looking for a good memory card for my Mio C310X. I have used the recommended TopRam SD 150X 4 GB. Unfortunately, the card cracked. I can get another one. I was wondering if another perhaps more dependable one would work better. I would think that the sun shinning through the windshield made it brittle.

Thanks.

RnT

The SD card is contained in the device and not in the direct sunlight so I'm having trouble seeing how the sun would crack it. Unless heat is built up within the device so much that the plastic softens. Then the internal wires would also be affected. Nevertheless, it happened so it really doesn't matter how at this point unless it constantly happens. I would think that any popular 4GB SD card would suffice. Unless your device can use a SDHC, make sure it is only SD.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby RoadnTrail » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi, I was hoping that someone may have had experience with another brand for this application. I do remember that I believe that this site had specified this one.

I did find another card from Topram that does not have "150X" on it. Should that one be the same (without the 150X on it)? Would it matter? See:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Thanks for the help.

RnT
RoadnTrail offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:15 pm

I generally buy Sandisk cards, so far never had a problem with the card itself, however the MicroSD to SD adapters break easy.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby RoadnTrail » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:44 pm

I I would be game for Scandisk if I knew which one to get. As I understand it, the Mio is fussy as to the memory card it will accept. Again the one that worked for me was [color=#FF0000]TopRam SD 150X 4 GB[/color].

Keep in mind that the GPS is old (2006).

I believe the issue was that Mio said a 2 GB card could be used and the Topram is a 4GB.

RnT
RoadnTrail offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:56 pm

If the device is fussy, i'd go with what you know works.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby RoadnTrail » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:46 pm

My problem is that I cannot find the identical memory card now. I did find one without the "150X" on it. I do not know what that means or if the card that does not say that would work.
RoadnTrail offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 pm

I have no experience with that brand, i would suspect all the cheap cards on ebay are similar Chinese manufactured cards, it'll just be trial and error if no-one can confirm it works.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems