medion mdpna 150 cybercom unlock help   

medion mdpna 150 cybercom unlock help

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:50 pm

hiya all
after unlocking my lg ln505 with advice off here and running igo, i now need assistance unlocking the above which is my missuses.

been searching on site and found similarities with medion gopal but my flash disk only contains a medion folder which contains a backup folder and time, backlight and battery config settings

had a look at fatboyfun simple unlock but, as prev said, no menu.exe file

fired up mobile reg editor and top line says mitac, mio digiwalker

so now am totally confused, is it an unlock for a medion? a mitac? or a digiwalker

prod n poke in right direction would be appreciated
meadyyyy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:00 am

A lot of medion's were rebranded mio's, can you identify the main exe for the navigation app?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby meadyyyy » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:54 pm

sorry for delay in reply, not been at home.
had a look on the sd card and exe/app file is AUTORUNCE, setup info text is (autorun) ICON=medion.ico
no exe files on my flash disk
on main storage area there are 7 folders, app data, docs n settings, doccuments, medion, prog files, temp and windows.
in the medion folder there is a medion-navigator folder, a MNAVDCE exe/app and a Setting exe/app
in the medion-navigator folder there is DestinatorDaemon, MNAVDCE, Navigator exe/app
the largest exe appears to be Navigator which is 1.05mb so am assuming that is main app which is on main storage area, next larges exe/app is in windows folder and is mp3player at 1.03mb

hope this is enough info, but knowing me, it probably too much info
meadyyyy offline

Postby meadyyyy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am

ok, well heres what i tried so far

re name MNAVDCE in medion folder to MNAVDCEold and then copy/paste scripts there and changing the rename to MNAVDCE, re boot and nothing, all scripts deleted and file i renamed to MNAVDCEold was back to MNAVDCE

did same again but this time changed MNAVDCE in the medion-navigator folder to old, copy/past scripts and rename relevant ones, re boot and same again happened, all script deleted and everything reverted back to how it was
meadyyyy offline

Postby meadyyyy » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 am

update, think i have just solved, re did first thing in previous post and soft re set and voila, seemed to do what it supposed to, so now gonna see what it will run, let you know when tested
meadyyyy offline

Postby meadyyyy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am

further update, it turns out i had to let the unit start up and load original software from the sd card, then remove card and connect unit to pc, re name MNADVCE folder to old, put fatbayfun simple unlock with port splitter ( deleted portsplitter) and re name relevant parts to MNADVCE, disconet from pc and do a soft reset so no files are deleted and device then runs the unlock, only down side is if battery goes flat you have to charge unit and start again as unit looses everything, but everything works fine, unit runs IGO, voice a bit quiet but can live with that, tried running minimal PRIMO and that works apart from bit slow on postcode search, all in all not bad for an old unit
meadyyyy offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:46 pm

meadyyyy wrote:further update, it turns out i had to let the unit start up and load original software from the sd card, then remove card and connect unit to pc, re name MNADVCE folder to old, put fatbayfun simple unlock with port splitter ( deleted portsplitter) and re name relevant parts to MNADVCE, disconet from pc and do a soft reset so no files are deleted and device then runs the unlock, only down side is if battery goes flat you have to charge unit and start again as unit looses everything, but everything works fine, unit runs IGO, voice a bit quiet but can live with that, tried running minimal PRIMO and that works apart from bit slow on postcode search, all in all not bad for an old unit

Good job! If you are using iGO8, I've increased the volume of Loquendo Susan [US] and Kate [UK] 20%. You can find the voices here in the blue box http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?912-TTS-voices-and-components
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems