lose date and time when turn off satnav (binatone)   

lose date and time when turn off satnav (binatone)

Postby gingeee85 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:06 pm

hello, i recently installed the tom tom 7 on my binatone thanks to a helpful moderator, everything works fine but when i turn off the system and turn it back on it loses the date and time and puts it back to 2007, is there a simple fix for this? cheers in advance, and is it possible to get live traffic updates and stuff on these types?
gingeee85 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:31 pm

gingeee85 wrote:hello, i recently installed the tom tom 7 on my binatone thanks to a helpful moderator, everything works fine but [color="blue"]when i turn off the system and turn it back on it loses the date and time and puts it back to 2007[/color], is there a simple fix for this? cheers in advance, and [color="green"]is it possible to get live traffic updates and stuff on these types[/color]?

[color="blue"]This is normal, There is no battery backup for the clock.[/color]
[color="green"]Your device lacks the hardware for this.[/color]
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby gingeee85 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:58 pm

cheers, thanks for the quick reply, im guessing i can get speed cameras though right?
gingeee85 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:09 pm

You sure can, In the UK you have a choice of Pocket GPS World or Official Tomtom

Pocket GPS World cams - Not updated (for free) very often, Copy all the files into the map directory, Visual alerts are on by default, Audio alerts need to be switched on manually, One by one unfortunately, (Settings/Manage POI's/Warn when near POI) Generally accepted as more accurate, Will slow down your device a bit.
Tomtom cams - Updated weekly, Copy into map directory, Premium cams require activation like the map, Settings are in Tomtom Services
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby gingeee85 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:23 pm

again thanks for your quick reply, not used to this sort of stuff, done most of my modifications on iphone tom tom lol
gingeee85 offline

Return to Other Systems