F & H 4.3 Igo Primo TMC   

F & H 4.3 Igo Primo TMC

Postby johnabacus » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 am

I am in the UK and have a Foehn & Hirsch 4.3 unit on which I am running Primo 1.2. Is it possible to run the Online Traffic feature on this unit. If I connect to my PC through Windows Mobile Device centre it picks up information presumably through my Internet connection but in the car it usually just shows the "transmitter" icon. There is a slot on the unit marked TMC so does it need an external antenna?

Does the Port and Baud settings have anything to do with receiving TMC information?

I have done searches on Google for any guidance but drawn a blank.
johnabacus offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:53 am

johnabacus wrote:I am in the UK and have a Foehn & Hirsch 4.3 unit on which I am running Primo 1.2. Is it possible to run the Online Traffic feature on this unit.

Only if the unit can connect to the internet by itself. Not likely. Unless you can 'pass through' with bluetooth and another internet connected device like a smart phone. Again, not too likely.

johnabacus wrote:There is a slot on the unit marked TMC so does it need an external antenna?

Most do, yes. A small (diameter) wire usually with a suction cup to stick the end on the windshield--or route it hidden on the dashboard with the end so it can 'see' through the windshield for best reception.
With a SLOT though (as opposed to a small round input that looks like a headphone input), it may be that your unit requires an external TMC module available separately.

johnabacus wrote:Does the Port and Baud settings have anything to do with receiving TMC information?

Sort of, but not the same as the GPS. You may need something like this in your sys.txt (edited to match your hardware):
[tmc]
show_tmc=1
port="COM,1"
baud=38400
source="gns"
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems