help me fix my chinese gps   

help me fix my chinese gps

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:28 pm

hi i recently bought this satnav of ebay

[Please Register or Login to download file]
please forgive me if links not allowed,and remove accordingly

can some one please help me get the correct firmware to reflash it,as i have tried numerous files from this forum,and now it is froze on the startup screen,which used to be a car and windmill,now after using i assume the wrong files,the screen its stuck on is a japanese manga picture,please someone save me from this agony of a week old gps thats f*****.and i cant send it back to the vendor like this,as they will know by the screen its stuck on its not as was when it was delivered.

i think this was the rom version V.912C.213000.110930.128M
but cannot be certain,as i cant access anything now

I USED THE FILES posted on another forum for the 7" 800 x 480 model this afternoon (wrongly),mine is the 5" model and is 480x272
,all went well,but its the wrong resoloution,,my battery indicator icon,is 4 times the size and is in the bottom right corner now,instead of the top left when charging,and i cant see or access anythin on my unit now
can anyone please help me find the right version firmware and menu files ect and instructions how to accomplish this task for my device
to get it back to as it should be for my device

ps great forum
hope someone with more knowledge than me (which isnt a lot regarding satnavs) can save my sanity and my gps

thanks in advance moiloon
moiloon offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:30 pm

There are some ROM's in this thread here

And here but it's a hassle to download them

I don't know if any of them will be suitable for your device.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby kamoteka » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Please try this firmware.

My GPS has almost the same specs as yours, except for the memory (mine has only 64MB)>

Download from here:

password: kamoteque

Extract contents (8 files) of rar archive into an empty SD card. Insert SD onto device, power on and wait until re-flash completes.

Hope it works out for you.
kamoteka offline

Postby Monters GPS » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:01 pm

moiloon wrote:hi i recently bought this satnav of ebay

please forgive me if links not allowed,and remove accordingly

can some one please help me get the correct firmware to reflash it,as i have tried numerous files from this forum,and now it is froze on the startup screen,which used to be a car and windmill,now after using i assume the wrong files,the screen its stuck on is a japanese manga picture,please someone save me from this agony of a week old gps thats f*****.and i cant send it back to the vendor like this,as they will know by the screen its stuck on its not as was when it was delivered.

i think this was the rom version V.912C.213000.110930.128M
but cannot be certain,as i cant access anything now

I USED THE FILES posted on another forum for the 7" 800 x 480 model this afternoon (wrongly),mine is the 5" model and is 480x272
,all went well,but its the wrong resoloution,,my battery indicator icon,is 4 times the size and is in the bottom right corner now,instead of the top left when charging,and i cant see or access anythin on my unit now
can anyone please help me find the right version firmware and menu files ect and instructions how to accomplish this task for my device

ps great forum
hope someone with more knowledge than me (which isnt a lot regarding satnavs) can save my sanity and my gps

thanks in advance moiloon

Your device is running on MTK3351 Chipset with iphone interface!

But you may have to tell us your device is running Wince 5.0 or Wince 6.0 ?

Wrong given flashrom will make your device hardware corrupted!
What you WISH for :pray: ! And what you GET for :yahoo: !

:thumbup: " If you Happy With My Service And Please Just Pressing The " THANKS " Button and Do Not Post "Thank You" to reply my post ! " :thumbup:
Monters GPS offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:05 pm

kamoteka wrote:Please try this firmware.

My GPS has almost the same specs as yours, except for the memory (mine has only 64MB)>

Download from here:

Extract contents (8 files) of rar archive into an empty SD card. Insert SD onto device, power on and wait until re-flash completes.

thanks for your reply,unfortunatly i cannot get to the link,says file temporarily unavailable
any other link,and thanks for all who have replied to my cry for help,im desperate to get my gps sorted,as im employed as a delivery driver in the uk,and my satnav is vita
regards lmoi
moiloon offline

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Monters GPS wrote:Your device is running on MTK3351 Chipset with iphone interface!

But you may have to tell us your device is running Wince 5.0 or Wince 6.0 ?

Wrong given flashrom will make your device hardware corrupted!

yes my device is running on MTK3351 Chipset with iphone interface,and wince 6,hope someone can point me to the correct files,and info how to complete a reflash succesfully,as im a noob with satnavs
loving this forum,and the helpfull people here

regards moi
moiloon offline

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 pm

kamoteka wrote:Please try this firmware.

Download from here:

i cant access the d/load ,says file is temporarily unavailable
any other links?

thankyou
moiloon offline

Postby kamoteka » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:38 pm

@Moiloon:

Please try this one:

password : kamoteque

Please note my device is wince 5.0, MTK3351 cpu, 64 MB, 480x272 resolution, with bluetooth, avin and also has the iphone interface.
kamoteka offline

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:54 pm

kamoteka wrote:@Moiloon:

Please try this one:

password : kamoteque

great thanks ive got the files,formatted my sd card,placed all files on sd card,reset device,starts up to the manga picture,power on device ,same outcome
any ideas,files fail to start on the device
moiloon offline

Postby Monters GPS » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:57 pm

moiloon wrote:yes my device is running on MTK3351 Chipset with iphone interface,and wince 6,hope someone can point me to the correct files,and info how to complete a reflash succesfully,as im a noob with satnavs
loving this forum,and the helpfull people here

regards moi

I need to wait for my supplier give me the link!

I already send him for the request! just wait for him to reply me!

Be patient, you wont get lose of your device coz you are on right site!

:thumbup: " If you Happy With My Service And Please Just Pressing The " THANKS " Button and Do Not Post "Thank You" to reply my post ! " :thumbup:
Monters GPS offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:00 pm

moiloon wrote:hi i recently bought this satnav of ebay

I have given this advice many times but I'll do it again because it's important. Going from GPS forum to GPS forum for pieces of advice and downloads can only lead to trouble as you have unfortunately found out. One place's download might conflict with another's that you got from someplace else and only wind up bricking your device. Stay only here and get your advice and downloads from one place. This way we can offer the support because we know what you have.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:17 pm

i understand that getting files from numerous sources only leads to disaster,ive learned this the hard way,i greatly appreciate the people who have taken the time to help me fix my broken gps,and offer me advice,which believe me has been taken on board.
i shall only stay here in my quest to fix my device,hope this task is possible, and only hope a link to the correct files and a little help to do this correctly fixes MY MISTAKES

thanks all here at Navitotal
moiloon
moiloon offline

Postby Monters GPS » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:22 pm

moiloon wrote:i understand that getting files from numerous sources only leads to disaster,ive learned this the hard way,i greatly appreciate the people who have taken the time to help me fix my broken gps,and offer me advice,which believe me has been taken on board.
i shall only stay here in my quest to fix my device,hope this task is possible, and only hope a link to the correct files and a little help to do this correctly fixes MY MISTAKES

thanks all here at Navitotal
moiloon

Just relax bro!

I'm very sure my supplier the flashrom can use for your device!

Once i get it and will pm you the link and the guide to reflash.

Monters GPS offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Monters GPS wrote:Just relax bro!

Instead of PMing the link, it's probably better to post it here since other members might need it also.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby moiloon » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Monters GPS wrote:Just relax bro!

thats excellent news,will be a great xmas present to revive my nav

hope your able to get the files,and like said post a link as im sure im not the only one to mess their device up

thankyou and merry xmas to all
moiloon offline

Next

Return to Other Systems