Post a reply

HELP Altina A660

Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Hello,

I'm new in this foroum... and I have a BIG problem with my Altina A660 gps with windows ce core 5.0

I was searching the registry with pocket regedit and I accidentantly deleted the
''Launch50 : Windows/MyShell.exe'' key!! when i reset, it was loading the boot image and then...BLACK...nothing was
appeared on the screen...

No USB and Activesync, no startup scipts, only sd card slot...

Any help would be appreciated... i began to lose my patience!!

Thanks in advance!!

p.s. sorry for my english i'm french...

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 pm

There's nothing you can do except perform a hardware hard reset (if possible) or flash the rom again (if available)

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:35 pm

do you know how to do them?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:15 pm

Not on this particular device.

You may find neither are possible, and in that case the device is dead.

It might be worth researching whether the device is a clone of another brand, there may be rom's available that way.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:30 pm

i have a downloaded .rar file which contains windows ce 6.0 installation files and kernel...the rar contains

script8650 (folder)
wmt_scriptcmd (file)

would this help? maybe its a rom?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm

Unless it's specifically for your device or a clone, then it's probably not going to help.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:52 pm

if i remove the main and the backup battery for 20-30 minutes, would it be recovered to the factory settings?

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm

This depends on whether the device has a persistent registry, it's worth a go...

Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:47 pm

ok i'll post a photo of the hardware to help me remove them because i dont know where is the backup battery

p.s. this is a real model, not a clone...

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:16 pm

tzitzik wrote:1, ok i'll post a photo of the hardware to help me remove them because i dont know where is the backup battery

2, p.s. this is a real model, not a clone...

1, it may not have a backup battery.
2, it might be a generic Chinese model sold as original by several manufacturers.
Post a reply