dvd unit   

dvd unit

Postby matthewclack » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:03 pm

I bought a Car DVD unit from ebay, this unit got WINCE 5, 64MB RAM, MADE IN CHINA. Recently, I tried to install tomtom 7 in my unit. I downloaded a tomtom 7.910 and installed in it. The first time I activated TOMTOM in my unit, It shut down with a message that 'not enought memory'. But everything works OK after I activated it again until my car moving. I drove my car about 5 mins, the problem came out!! The blue aarow icon stop moving anymore even I was still driving, and the whole screen looks cease. Then I clicked the screen, tomtom get back to normal and starting to search the GPS signal. This repeats every 5 mins. Is there anyone who has the same problem with me or anyone can help me to sort this problem out? I am very appreciated!!!!!
matthewclack offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:54 pm

This would be better suited in the TT section and is a known problem.
You might want to give IGO or PRIMO a try as they offer more features too.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bum99my » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:23 pm

matthewclack,

i had the same problem as yours. managed to solved it using this version that i got elsewhere ( i can't remember where so i can't take credit for it). anyway, start the program using tt7.exe. adjust the mscr file to suit. when you start the program, the low memory message will appear. just restart it again.

btw, this is for the 800x480 resolution version. good luck.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
bum99my offline

Postby matthewclack » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:09 pm

will repost in tomtom thanks hi mate thanks will give that a go but am a bit stuck on the mscr file what dose that do
matthewclack offline

Postby bum99my » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:14 am

matthewclack wrote:will repost in tomtom thanks hi mate thanks will give that a go but am a bit stuck on the mscr file what dose that do

the mscr is used to direct the 'instructions' for your device. in my case, the sd card is called MMC_STORAGE. open the mscr files with notepad and amend the MMC_STORAGE to whatever your card is called.

i believe the threads in the TT section have details on how to do this.
bum99my offline

Postby matthewclack » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:55 pm

hi mate have tryed to start with the tt7.exe but dose not load
matthewclack offline

Postby bum99my » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 am

that depends on what is your sd card is called. mine is MMC_STORAGE. you have to edit the mscr files to direct it to yor card. it wont even start otherwise.
bum99my offline

Postby matthewclack » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:29 am

so if i rename my sd card mmc_storage there is no need for me to edit the mscr files. then all i have to do is put card in to unit and set parth to the tt7.exe thats it
matthewclack offline

Postby bum99my » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:22 pm

matthewclack wrote:so if i rename my sd card mmc_storage there is no need for me to edit the mscr files. then all i have to do is put card in to unit and set parth to the tt7.exe thats it

i don't think it will work. your device will search for the original card's name, and so does the tt7.
bum99my offline

Postby nabi » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

As said in post #2, why not give iGO or Primo a try?
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:42 pm

You can't rename the storage card in the device. As far as i'm aware mortscript is only needed when you get out of memory errors when you get a satellite lock, If you're having other issues it will be of no help, Did you try the navcore 7.450 i suggested?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bum99my » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:You can't rename the storage card in the device. As far as i'm aware mortscript is only needed when you get out of memory errors when you get a satellite lock, If you're having other issues it will be of no help, Did you try the navcore 7.450 i suggested?

agreed. but as i was getting the same problem as matt's, i was stumped in solving the problem. i had two actually, low memory and screen freezing. both happened quite frequently. i enquired around in various forums and someone was kind enough to provide me with a set that works and told me to change the sd card's name in the mortscripts to my device. there are three mortscript files and for the life of me, i have no idea how these work but they do. i am attaching them if anyone is interested.

i wish i can remember where i got them to give credit to the originator

bum99my offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:06 pm

I ran Tomtom with the mortscript hack on a WinCE 4.2 unit. While it does work it brings other problems and for that reason i don't recommend it, however op states that his device runs WinCE 5, 7.450 works on most WinCE 5 devices without mortscript, If all else fails there's always iGO Primo...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby bum99my » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:27 pm

Fatboyfun wrote:If all else fails there's always iGO Primo...

True true :D

i love igo, unfortunately, the map (on my part of the world at least, is hopelessly outdated....malaysia) garmin won't install on my car's gps, and i have stopped using tomtom after managing to install papago. :D
bum99my offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:10 pm

Garmin won't run if PNA Desktop or similar is running in the background, There's a mortscript hack to kill it and run garmin, then start the unlock/desktop again.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to Other Systems