Post a reply

chinese gps veeeeery slow

Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi guys, I bought a little while ago this gps: [Please Register or Login to download file]
A week ago, the gps started being very slow and unresponsive. It would take like few good seconds from screen touch until actual start of the app (no matter what app). GPS is working still but very slow start, I am still able to access wince (6). The flash card is also accessible. The only thing I cannot succeed is to sync this device with Active Sync, it gives a socket error.
From the device menus I have been able to pull the following info:
processor mtk, arm1176jz-s-m
MTK ARM1176JZ-S-MT3351
rom version: v.912c.211100.120207.128m
app version: v1.0abf-nui20-hd-en
I have been posting in this forum before about connecting this gps to my car and despite some advices from users, i have cut the battery wires and let the device start and stop with the car ignition. My guess is that because of so many not proper shut-downs, something got corrupted in there.
PLease someone could help me to reflash this thing because I cannot return it since I opened and contacting seller didn't do much (I wrote her/him a week ago and no response).
Thanks in advance!

EDIT: My Chinese supplier finally replied with the files and instructions. Apparently it wasn't a hardware problem as I suspected, thank God!. Anyone needs these files just ask. Thanks.

Same here

Sun May 12, 2013 11:13 pm

mine is doing the exact same thing... can you link me the files. Thanks

Mon May 13, 2013 9:23 am

Please can you share the files, I have a unit with exactly the same firmware version. Thanks!
Post a reply