binatone g430 cant back up maps   

binatone g430 cant back up maps

Postby Magnu420 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:25 am

ive got meself a binatone g430 (faulty) but im trying to back up the city folder (in the maps folder) and GBR.SMF file to the pc,i can copy the mobilenavigatorfolder,gpspara0.bin,gpspara1.bin,gpspara2.bin,gpspara3.bin,the smart folder in maps,EU_800.SMF,EU_SC.SMF,IRL.SMF,IRLLU.SMF,OEU.SMF, but i cant copy the city folder and
GBR.SMF file any ideas pls

also is they a service manual for these cos my other problem with unit is i can get to the navigation menu
ok set destination ok,but it needs to be connected to a power source all the time,i think it could be the battery ??? any ideas on this aswell please

tia...
Magnu420 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:29 am

The Turbo dog software suffers from self-corruption, you can try using Total Commander on the device to copy to a storage card, but the files are probably lost. You don't need any files on residentflash to run other software anyway.

Sounds like a faulty battery to me although it could be a faulty/broken pcb as well.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Magnu420 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 pm

fatboyfun you surely know your stuff :clap:,ive managed to back up the resident flash
which contained the original satnav f/ware to memory card (gonna have to get some more lol)
then i had a daft idea of putting the back up onto the X430 resident flash started it,then it
moaned about license not right,im gonna try some more experimenting :crazy::crazy:

can you close this please now ive got my answer..thanks
Magnu420 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Is Turbodog really worth the hassle..?

THREAD_CLOSED
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Systems