Unlock possible?   

Unlock possible?

Postby Archie22 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:54 am

Hi, I have this device, details pasted below, would it be possible to unlock this? If so what do I have to do to unlock it? I'm a senior citizen but I'm capable of learning how to do it if given a tutorial. Hope you can help.
Thanks in advance.

PASTED FROM WEB PAGE:
The NEW eBuyer Value Sat Nav V3 gives hassle free navigation straight out of the box. It has simple promps, a vibrant colour screen which has now been improved and is also in 3D now for exact global positioning but there's more to this unit than meets the eye - it also supports photo browsing, E-book reading and audio/video playing so you'll soon find it difficult to live without. It boasts software improvements so now you get lane navigation making it virtually impossible for you to take the wrong turnings or miss your junctions.

TurboD!!! has big improvements on the last software. The major improvements on this generation of software include the following areas

1) GUI -

Redesign with better graphic and animate effect (Full 3D)
Better operation flow

2) Features

Smart Keyboard,

Highway View with more information e.g Servicing point (Petrol, Telephone, shop), Advance lane guidance to ensure you dont miss your exits,

3D Landmark,

Multi Language Support - More than 10 languages and voice guidance options,

3) Improvement

Recalculates much quicker when finding routes

Product Features:
3.5" Colour Touchscreen
Long-life rechargeable battery built-in
User Friendly software and interface
Instant route calculation - make a wrong turning, instant route re-calculation
7 Digit Postcode Search
Automatic calculation on driving distance and time
Voice navigation and warning in an option of 10 Languages:which include English, French, Spanish, German & Italian
3D & 2D Mapping Options - and various route options
Clear spoken instructions, turn by turn.
Earphone port
Portable unit - works just as well in you hand as in your car
Ebook Reader
View Photo's and Video's
Also plays music - MP3/4
Advance Lane guidance
Technical Specifications:
Centrality Altas III AT640 372 MHZ
Win CE.NET 5.0 Operating System
64MB Internal Memory
Built -in GPS high sensitivity receiver and Antenna
Audio Jack/Earphone 3.5mm
3.5inch 76K colour TFT display touch pannel
Sirf star III built in GPS Receiver
PC interface: USB1.1/2.0
SD card expansion slot (up to 4GB)
Built-in speaker
Built-in rechargeable Li-ion 1500 mAh battery
Dimensions: 78mm(H)*97mm(W)*16mm(D)
Weight:170g box : 660g
Satellite reacquisiton Time Accuracy:100ms
Channel: up to 20
Position Accuracy:up to 3m possible
Approvals: RoHS, FCC, CE
Mapping:
Pre installed mapping is TurboDog 6.0 which was released in Q1 2009
Please note that to use alternate mapping, you will need to select the 'Other NMEA receiver' at a Band rate of 38400 through COM7
The above should enable the software and the GPS receiver to communicate properly
In the Box
USB Transmission Cable
Car Charger
Windshield Mount
Device Holder
Earphones
User Manual
Warranty Card
Archie22 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Yes, I think so. Just want you to know that not all devices can be unlocked to use other navigation programs though. I want you to know that upfront. What you need to know is what is the .exe program that starts your device up so it can read from the SD card? You want to connect your device to a PC using the USB cable that was supplied and go to "My Computer" to see the different drives that have come up. Usually, there is one for the device's internal drive and one for the SD card. Right now, you're interested in the internal drive. The go to the unlock section here and pick one of the unlocks that is for WinCE 5.0. Download it and follow all the instructions. ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR DEVICE'S FILES/FOLDERS FIRST BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING JUST IN CASE YOU HAVE TO REINSTALL THEM!

EDIT: BTW, your device sounds like it's new. Why do you want to unlock it? This one should work OK but it is for a 4.3 screen and not a 3.5 screen [which you have] so it would need some modification http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2627-unlock-your-480x272-CE-5.0-or-4.2-PNA-Device
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:42 pm

Archie22 wrote:Please note that to use alternate mapping, you will need to select the 'Other NMEA receiver' at a Band rate of 38400 through COM7
The above should enable the software and the GPS receiver to communicate properly

That sounds like the GPS setup for Tomtom Navigator.

EDIT: I've done some research and the Navigo range look for the Mobilenavigator folder, So unlocking is easy.
There's a guide to install Tomtom in this thread for a similar device although it's a similar procedure to get any programme running.
You shouldn't need to delete anything from your device if you use an SD Card.

Don't rush into doing anything if you don't fully understand what your doing.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Archie22 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:11 am

Hi again,
Yes this is an almost unused "Navigo" device. I purchased and used it a couple of times, I did not like the mapping system supplied with it (Turbodog) as it attempted to get me once, to drive over a railway footbridge and into a river at another time !! I guess it's been laying unused in a drawer for about a year now, if it's possible to install another mapping system then I'm prepared to have a go at it. I'll have a look at the previous suggestions and let you know what happpens.
Thanks to both previous posters.
Archie22 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:26 pm

No problem, Any questions just ask.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Device Unlock