nokia 330 problem touc screen   

nokia 330 problem touc screen

Postby civictyper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:35 am

Hi I have a problem with my Nokia 330 I installed my pocket for the 4.0 release. I saw that gave me problems quseto desktop and I wanted to remove it, but after you restart the browser the touch screen no longer wants to work. What can you do? thanks
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:19 am

Did you mean MIO-Pocket?
Have you gone through Mio-Pockets' own uninstall routine?
If so, and you still have problems, some scraps of Mio-Pocket may still be resident (particularly in the registry).
If you have already tried a soft reset (With the device switched on, press and hold the reset key until the device restarts), you may have to do a Hard Reset (back to factory settings).
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:52 pm

I uninstalled it using the button on the page of the setting! I did a reset, but I have not solved anything.

I tried to see how to do hard reset, but I have not found anywhere to perform the procedure.

if you can tell me the procedure I'd appreciate it are two days that I'm going crazy.

thanks
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Normally, "Factory Reset" is available in the Settings Menu of the device--but of course you have to be able to TAP it, which you cannot do.
There may be a secret 'button combination' way to do a hard reset--I'm really not that familiar with your Nokia--so I would only be guessing, but on other devices, it's something like power the system down, hold in the reset button, and press the power button until it starts to boot, then watch the screen for any further possible options. Another way may be to remove the battery (if possible), wait some minutes, then put the battery back in and power up.
I also found this on another site where somebody had the exact same problem as you with the exact same device:
-----------------------------------------
well i got my touchpad back
i copies mortscript.exe, mioautorun.exe (renamed to launch.exe), uninstallkeyboarddriver.mscr renamed to launch.mscr and variables.mscr to the FlashDisk partition on the device.

------------------------------------------
I hope some of this may help you. Good luck.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:33 pm

I have read this procedure well, but I do not know what files to rename mortscrip I understood but the other 2 files uninstallkeyboarddriver.mscr and variables.mscr
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:04 pm

civictyper wrote:mortscrip I understood but the other 2 files uninstallkeyboarddriver.mscr and variables.mscr

Aparently, you do not actually rename Mortscript.exe--it only has to be copied to the root of FlashDisk. The other two files (uninstallkeyboarddriver.mscr and variables.mscr) are located in ..\MioAutoRun\Scripts.
So, according to this guy (and let me make this clear--I am NOT endorsing this or saying it will work, I'm only explaining it! Anything you do is at your own risk!), you take uninstallkeyboarddriver.mscr, rename it to launch.mscr, and copy both that and mioautorun.exe, and variables.mscr to the FlashDisk, then rename mioautorun.exe to launch.exe. Do not, however, overwrite any files--back them up or rename them to "launch.exeOLD", for example). And reboot. And keep your fingers crossed.
If it DOES work, restore your original launch.exe, and get rid of all MioPocket files completely.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 am

The flash disk is not the memory card! I can not see the flash drive by connecting it to the browser PC. does not specify who wrote it has put everything on the miopocket or only those 3 files. I have reconstructed the memory card with the renamed files but to no avail I do not read them. because at some point I get a screen where I have accepted what is written. From there I can not continue. !! 'm screwed! I'll try to put only the 3 files, but I see it hard. azz
civictyper offline

Postby civictyper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:20 am

there is the possibility to connect a keyboard? eheheh:) so the whole system?

Ps. : I removed the battery and let the browser without battery for 30 minutes, but it did not do anything!!
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am

civictyper wrote:The flash disk is not the memory card! I can not see the flash drive by connecting it to the browser PC

Yes, you need to copy (only) those files to internal memory (Flash Drive--not the removable memory card).

Were you able to see/access the internal Flash Drive before the installation of MioPocket?
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:51 am

pity that I can not go forward with a screen to be able to confirm! I can not get anywhere. I wanted to know if there's a method to recognize the internal memory of the pc browser. If I connect I see only the memory card
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:09 am

What version of Windows is your PC, and how do you connect to the Nokia?
And again I ask:
Were you able to see/access the internal Flash Drive before the installation of MioPocket?
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:48 pm

used as the operating system Windows 7 and XP. The browser connects via USB with the supplied cable. I can not in any way to see the inside of the browser. Even before you could not see inside, when I connect it via USB I see only the memory card door.
civictyper offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 am

In your XP, do you have Microsoft Active Sync installed?
And in Windows 7, do you have Windows Mobile Device Center installed?
If so, what happens when you try to use those with the Nokia connected?
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:50 pm

OK. I have looked everywhere to try to find a solution for you, and in my opinion you have two options:
1) Try to reinstall MioPocket and then, if your touchscreen works, run the UninstallKeyboardDriver.mscr or "TouchPadFix.exe"--which may be in the Windows folder on the Flash Disk, and then uninstall MioPocket completely using it's uninstall option. This may not be the best thing, but you don't have many options at this point.
2) Get a complete ROM set specifically for your Nokia and re-flash it back to factory settings. Doing this will totally wipe out everything on the Flash Disk. This carries some risk, but I looked, and there seems to be no other way to "Hard Reset" the device and there is no way for you to access the Flash Disk right now.
The 3 files you need are:
eboot.nb0
nk.nb0
splash.bmp
You put these 3 files on an SD card, put the card in the device, turn it off, and press "sleep" and "-" key together when you next power up. Some also say "Power (reset?)" and "Up Arrow".
This will reload the files from the SD card onto the internal Flash Disk. There is no going back from this. I have looked for the ROM set, but I do not trust the sources I have found. You may need to contact Nokia for the correct files in the correct language for you.
I wish you good luck.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby civictyper » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 am

hello, then I do not know how to find these files, but I can tell you that I just purchased from ebay the same browser. how can I make a full save and then transfer it?

the only step that I use is that of rom! the touch does not work and I can not do anything
civictyper offline

Next

Return to Other Device Unlock