Medion GOPal e4240   

Medion GOPal e4240

Postby JustinasVaic » Wed May 24, 2017 12:18 pm

I need help instaling igo on it any tips?
JustinasVaic offline

Re: Medion GOPal e4240

Postby katastrofe » Wed May 24, 2017 5:22 pm

Manual by Yurbuh Tuggly:

Take original gopal menu.exe in root of My Flash Disk on device, rename to mnavdce.EXE.
Go to My Flash Disk/Navigation, rename mnavdce.EXE to mnavdceorig.EXE
Move newly renamed mnavdce.EXE from root of My Flash Disk to navigation folder.

Get Fatboyfuns Universal Shell (Or another shell):

In MobileNavigator folder, rename MobileNavigator.exe to Menu.exe.
Rename MobileNavigator.mscr to Menu.mscr.
Copy new Menu.exe, Menu.mscr, and Mortscript.exe to the root of My Flash Disk on device.
Copy entire Universal Shell folder to root of My Flash Disk.

Get Primo, Primo2, iGo, or any navigation software that runs on WinCE. Copy it's folder to the root of My Flash Disk.

Important:
To get FM Settings, etc to load at boot, go to My Flash Disk/Navigation and rename (already renamed from menu.exe and moved from root to ../navigation folder) mnavdce.exe to mnavdce.NOexe.
In same folder (/navigation) rename audiomanager.exe to mnavdce.exe.
Rename mnavdce.NOexe to audiomanager.exe.
Reboot.

Setup shortcut (Button 1) to new Navigation software in Universal Shell.
To run original GoPal software, setup a shortcut (Button 2) to run My Flash Disk\Navigation\mnavdceorig.exe
To run GoPal Settings (FM Receiver, Power Settings, etc), setup a shortcut (Button 3) to run My Flash Disk\navigation\multimedia\GoPalSettings\GoPalSettings_np.exe
-----------------
Reasons for all the renaming, etc:
Gopal is hardwired to run menu.exe (from root of My Flash Disk) and audiomanager.exe from ../navigation folder.
Now both (original) menu.exe (now moved and renamed to audiomanager.exe) which loads the FM Transmitter Modules and settings) and the new GPS Menu (in root of My Flash Disk) automatically start.
In Task Manager, they will show under their new aliases.

It is necessary for the original GoPal menu.exe (now called audiomanager.exe) to run at startup (which in turn triggers other modules and settings to start) in order for the FM Transmitter and TMC to both run at the same time--they both share Com1.

Be aware that if there is an Amaryllo chip on board, TMC won't work, not at al !!!
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Return to Other Device Unlock