''create window error'' on startup   

''create window error'' on startup

Postby adrian24 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm

hello.
i'm new on this forum. i have a problem with my goclever 5066. when i turn it on it shows an error ''create window error'', and freezes on boot image. when i connect it on my pc i can acces the residentflash and the microsd card but it doesn't connect via windows mobile device center. help me please. i've tried many unlock procedures but for nothing. i thing i need to reedit the registry to edit the "launch" key. please help
adrian24 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:50 pm

Can you remember what you did or installed to get to this stage? Editing the HKLM\init registry key can brick devices where the registry is saved in flash memory, Have a look through the documentation that came with the device and see if there's a "hard reset" or a "restore factory settings" procedure.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian24 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:57 pm

thank you for trying to help me. the manual is in russian and i don't know the language. the device has a hidden reset button, i've tried it but for nothing. here is what i did to get it in this stage: some time ago i made it to start with explorer instead of it's interface by changing the registry key "launch50" from "launch.exe" to "explorer.exe", it worked fine. after a time i've installed miopocket3.0, i had no problem with it. 2 days ago i wanted to revert it to his original stade and i've deleted miopocket and changed back "launch50" and after restart it showed that error. before installing miopocket on it i've made many times that change in the registry and i had no problem untill now. i think that it won't connect to active sync because it is set on mass storage. i have to find a way to access the registry and make a change to "launch50" or to find a rom version and change the windows on it. thank you again.
adrian24 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:01 pm

The registry will be a file ending in .hv, Possibily in a folder called Documents and Settings, and there may be more than one file, If you can find this file(s) you may be able to use a pc based registry editor to change it back.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Also, please know that MioPocket makes registry changes. I don't use MP for that reason. I'm not sure that uninstalling MP removes those registry changes.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:13 am

thank's. i understand but the problem is that when i connect it to pc i can access residentflash and the sd card but the residentflash is empty. the device has another partition called residentflash2 that is hidden. all the important filles are in there. is there a way to access this hidden partition from my pc?
adrian24 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:11 pm

Does the device connect as USB mass storage? The WinCE version of Total Commander can browse hidden partitions on the device if you know what it's volume name is so i guess the PC version would be able to as well, Though i've never tried. If the device is connecting via ActiveSync then i don't think it's possible.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:21 pm

the device connect to the pc as usb mass storage. and, yes, i know the name of that hidden partition. can you give me a link from where to download total comander, wince version?
adrian24 offline

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:28 pm

i tried to acces the hidden partition with total comander from my pc but no luck.
adrian24 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 pm

[Please Register or Login to download file]

The WinCE version needs to be run on the device but this is not possible for you at the moment.

This is the developers webpage, However while it's possible on the WinCE version i've never used the PC version so i don't know how it's done or if it's possible.

On the WinCE version you need to type \Residentflash2 into the address box and TC will browse the directory, it may be similar on the PC version. There may be better tools available though.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:44 pm

thank you.i will try and post a reply. thank's again for helping me
adrian24 offline

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:49 pm

doesn't work. i can't install anything on my pna and the pc version doesn't shows the hidden partition only those who are visible on mass storage. i need to try something else. don't you know where i can find a rom version for my pna? or how can i change the type of connection to the pc from usb mass storage to activesync?
adrian24 offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:52 pm

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 pm

i have tried but no luck. do you know how to change the type of connection to the pc from usb mass storage to active sync? or maybe a rom version to install a fresh wm. thank's
adrian24 offline

Postby adrian24 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:14 pm

i need another version of srego cecmd because the version 1018 has expired.
adrian24 offline

Next

Return to Other Device Unlock