Chinese double din with WIN 6   

Chinese double din with WIN 6

Postby skillets » Sat May 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Hello everyone I came to this site for help before and it was an awesome choice. Thanks to the two guys that helped before.

Bit now I want to unlock my Chinese GPS device. It not just GPS, its also a radio, BT, and other things. But I wantro unlock it so I can possible put other apps on it.

It has WIN CE 6.0 and I've read threads on other web sites but can't seem to understand in to do it. What do I need to do to get to the windows screen. The one that looks.like a computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you
skillets offline

Postby chas521 » Sat May 07, 2011 7:43 pm

@skillets

This is just a suggestion. But when you are asking for help and you are also saying thank you for previous help, it's a good thing to actually search for the old post and mention the names of the people who helped you in the first place. Like I said, just a suggestion.

Did you look in the unlock section here? When you say other apps, what do you mean? What is there now?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby danny27404 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm doing mine as we speak and you cant do much with it Win CE is totally stripped down all you could do is customise the GPS part and add .exe files you cant install CE applications.
danny27404 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 pm

This tool can extract cabfiles to a directory with an exefile so you don't need to install them...

Use on your PC.

Also [Please Register or Login to download file] can scan executables to find out what resources (Dll's) are needed.

Dropping any missing Dll's into the problem application's directory usually is enough to get them working.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby skillets » Sun May 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks for the fast replies. I don't know where to begin so I need a staring point. If anybody could help with that.

Is there a way I could run a different radio program? I assuming when the radio first starts up it automatically runs an .exe program for the radio. So is there a way I can run a radio program with a different interface?
skillets offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon May 09, 2011 2:55 pm

There are radio programmes available for PDA'S whether they work on WinCE i don't know, There is a wide variation between chinese devices so what works for one may not work for another.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 09, 2011 11:53 pm

If it is a device for your dash board than it is likely that you can not change the radio program.
Most of them can only access the receiver from the original Skin on the GPS.
If it is a dual zone device the radio can be activated before runing other software and it should keep running.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby skillets » Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 pm

Ok, well ill check thayt out later, about the radio.

Can someone help unlock the system, From the begining. I don't what files I need. I know how to run it though the gps. I just don't know what files to use. Or programs.
skillets offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat May 14, 2011 10:42 pm

The version of WinCE on your device may not have the desktop part included, You may be able to use PNADesktop instead (Link to follow) and you may also need to use a script to kill the original shell but every device is different so i wouldn't know exactly how to go about it.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Device Unlock