Becker 7914 unlock   

Becker 7914 unlock

Postby sasa123sa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I have this Becker Be 7914 trafic assist EC:103

can i unlock this device and how? and can i instal the iGO8 on him?

Tnx in advance!!!
sasa123sa offline

Postby chas521 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:17 pm

To be honest, I can't find much information [specifications] for this device so I don't know. It appears that you would need some sort of universal unlock and edited for your device's path in order to use iGO8. Do you know what is the .exe on your device's internal drive?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sasa123sa » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:43 pm

what you mean? what is on My Flash Disk or what is in Windows folder,temp.my documents?

In My Flash Disk root i have EProject.exe,EproMP3,OrgEProject.exe,Reboot.exe,EProPicVewe.exe
and folders:Fonts,save,MNAV..

maybe this will help you [i hope]
sasa123sa offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 am

On the internal flash drive is usually the .exe for the device's program to start. When an unlock is substituted the path to the .exe has to be modified so the device knows where to look to start. To be perfectly honest, I don't know anything about your device so I would be guessing at this point. Hopefully some other member reading this will know more and how to guide you - sorry.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ljd999 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 pm

Yes it can be done, I have a 7914 and have IGO8 and Primo running
ljd999 offline

Postby sasa123sa » Mon May 30, 2011 11:04 am

ljd999 can you explain how?
sasa123sa offline

Postby ljd999 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:09 pm

This is just a rough guide, I've since bricked it ! I Probably played around with it too much. Anyway, you need to get total commander (I think it was Total Commander) onto your unit which is a bit like windows explorer. Google "pimp my becker" and there will be some stuff mainly in German about it. If you connect the 7914 to your pc via a USB cable look in the "Flash" drive and there should be an entry named "EProPicViewer", rename this to (eg) "EProPicViewerOLD". Now you need to put total commander onto the flash drive then rename it to EProPicViewer. Now when you turn it on and click on picture viewer you should go into something that looks like windows explorer. From here you can click on the contents of your SD card. You can put tomtom or IGO8 on your SD card.
On the root of my SD card I had 2 folders, backup and iGO8. In the iGO8 folder I had the content, custom, defaults , extension, license and Save folders. I tried, but failed, to get the TTS working. There are also other files directly in the iGO8 folder such as a branding and data zip files + gpstmc.dll and gpstmc.pil and various other files. If you were to google "igo8 file structure" you might get a better idea of how to place the files on your SD card.
Hope this helps, good luck, it took me quite a while to figure it out, but I got there in the end !

PS Make a copy of the flash disc before you start.
ljd999 offline

Return to Other Device Unlock