Basic unlock for 320x240 (QVGA) DEVICES   

Basic unlock for 320x240 (QVGA) DEVICES

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:27 pm

Here is my unlock i used on my device while it was my main device.

It is designed for the Medion Gopal PNA210T but it will work for any device that launches an exe file after boot up.

The medion loads windows ce and then runs \My Flash Disk\Menu.exe which is the original menu program.

So... Connect to your pc using activesync and on your device rename \My Flash Disk\Menu.exe to Menu2.exe and then copy the above files on to \My Flash Disk and reboot.
If your device launches another program rename Menu.exe and Menu.mscr, Both have to have the same name before the extension.

If your device calls \My Flash Disk something else you need to edit some paths.

Open Menu.mscr with notepad on your pc and edit the "My Flash Disk" part of the path to wherever your device has it's startup exe, ie \Storage Card\Mobilenavigator

This is only a basic unlock with shortcuts to three common navigation programs and Total Commander for filesystem access.

iGO Primo
Tomtom
Garmin
Total Commander - Included

I don't see the point of having hundreds of apps and utilities on a navigation device.

It's really easy to edit for your own programs.
The file to edit is \My Flash Disk\Launchpad\INI Files\mainpage.ini
It's self explanitory, Just open it with notepad on your pc and edit the paths to point to your programs.
The icons are just Bitmap files and they are in \My Flash Disk\Launchpad\Icons\ Just replace with your own icons.

WARNING ABOUT UNLOCKING
Please make sure you don't brick your device by interupting it's normal startup sequence, Ask in the forum or search google.

Fatboyfun.

Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Other Device Unlock