Postby bohemes52 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 am

1000 thanks
bohemes52 offline

Re: Nissan Connect 3 V6​ Europe 2021

Postby minou80 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 am

STEP 2 - have a sd card with CID ready
There are three methods for you to choose

Buy sd card & modify CID yourself
- You must have a laptop with a PCI-E sd controller (see 1. How to confirm PCI-E sd controller on laptop) OR a working rooted android phone with a sd slot
- You must be careful not to buy a fake sd card, or ones that are not CID changable. Many sellers don't specify the exact product models, product year etc.

Buy a sd card where the seller offers a service to also change the CID
- Save yourself the hassle and buy a sd card that comes with the proper CID
- An option if you cannot find a laptop with a PCI-E sd controller and don't have a rooted android device to tinker with
- The CID is found at the top of this thread
- It appears that most sellers offering this service are selling nobrand cards which only are CID changable with special software & hardware they wont share, which means you'll have to buy yet another sd card for every map update

Buy a finished sd card with maps + proper cid
Note: When I mention "complete sd card" I mean a sd card that already has the proper CID + 2020 maps.

- This is really a worst case scenario since I want people to save money & learn something new
- If you don't feel like doing any of the other methods, or if you don't feel comfortable doing this, then you can find many who sell complete sd cards
- You shouldn't waste too much money on a (non-complete) sd card, since many sell complete sd cards for the navigation system for a similar price to what the sd cards are being sold for. For example I just saw a complete sd card for just 23 EUR! Regular sd cards are being sold at the same price! You'll have to do your own research to see what the current prices are
- It appears that most sellers offering this service are selling nobrand cards which only are CID changable with special software & hardware they wont share, which means you'll have to buy yet another sd card for every map update

To modify the CID yourself you must first find a laptop running a linux distro that has a PCI-E sd controller, usb mass storage type sd readers will not work.
You can also modify the CID on a rooted android phone that has a sd slot, in that case skip the sd controller check.

1. How to confirm PCI-E sd controller on laptop
1. Download ubuntu and create a bootable usb stick using rufus
2. When booting with the usb stick, use the "Try ubuntu" option which will run ubuntu without installing it
3. Open a terminal
4. Type sudo su - to login as root
5. Insert a sd card, it does not have to be a CID changable one
6. Type df
7. You should see one entry containing /dev/mmcblk**. If you do NOT see any such line than your laptop will not work as it doesn't have a PCI-E sd card reader

You can also modify CID with rooted android phones, but I am not going to cover that in this guide as I haven't done enough research on it. Google, right?

2. Shopping for CID changable sd cards
Now that you have found a laptop that can modify CID you can go shopping for a sd card. When shopping for sd cards you must be careful that you buy Samsung Evo ones (only!) that can be CID changable. You should only buy a sd card that has been confirmed to be CID changable. There's a thread on this forum where people have discussions about just that.
I should also mention that there is apparently a lot of fake sd cards that people are selling that are not CID changable even if it seems to match a product. There's a guide on how to spot fake products, I strongly recommend you read it. Some sellers also market their product it is CID changable - should make your job easier. For example you can search for "Samsung evo sd cid changable".

Here's what you need to know when shopping for cards:
- Only look for Samsung cards (preferably only reported working ones, list below)
- All cards produced after summer 2016 are reported to not be CID changable
- Only look for cards made in Korea, cards made in Philippines are reported not to work
- Be aware of fake cards, see Richard's blog for details on how to spot fakes, but do not worry if the seller claims the cards to be CID changable

A list of reported working cards:
- Samsung Evo/Evo+ cards
- Samsung Evo MB-SP32D/EU
- Samsung Evo+ MB-SC32D/EU
- Samsung Essential MB-MSBGA/EU 16GB
- Samsung Essential MB-MSAGB 16GB
- Samsung Essential 16 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
- Samsung Essential 32 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
- Samsung EVO 32 GB (MB-MP32DA)
- Samsung EVO 64 GB (MB-MP64DA)
- Samsung EVO+ 32 GB (MB-MC32DA & MB-MC32D) Notes: MB-MC32D/EU made in Philippines reported not working (they were made in Korea too, which work)
- Samsung EVO+ 64 GB (MB-MC64DA)
- Samsung EVO+ 128 GB (MB-MC128DA)
- Samsung PRO 32 GB (MB-MG32EA)
- Samsung PRO 64 GB (MB-MG64EA)
- Samsung PRO+ 32 GB (MB-MD32D)
- Samsung PRO+ 64 GB (MB-MD64D)
- Samsung 16GB SDHC Class 10 "U1" MB-SPAGC MADE IN KOREA MBSPAGVDDACA-XH
- Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 "U1" MB-MPBGC MADE IN KOREA MBMPBGVEQAFA-XH
- Lexar 8GB Class 4 Type MMAGR08GUDCA-DB made in Taiwan
- Transcend MicroSDHC 8GB TS8GUSDHC6

3. Verify sd card CID changable (laptop method)
Once you have an CID changable sd card we must first verify that it really is.

2. When booting with the usb stick, use the "Try ubuntu" option which will run ubuntu without installing it
3. Open a terminal
5. Make sure the sd card you bought is plugged in
6. Type ls -l /sys/block | grep mmc you should see an entry like this mmc0: 0001 but if you instead see something else than that, for example mmc0: 59b4 then your sd card is not CID changable

4. Write new CID to sd card (laptop method)
1. Enter ubuntu again
2. Download mmc_tools.zip and extract the mmc file to /tmp
3. Open a terminal and type sudo su - to login as root
4. Navigate the terminal to /tmp
5. Type chmod +x /tmp/mmc in the terminal to grant execute permissions
6. Type df and find the entry of your sd card. For me it is /dev/mmcblk0
7. Type ./mmc prog_cid <sdcard-entry> 5d5342303030384712c03293c0012ad7 don't forget to replace <sdcard-entry> with your entry (for me it's /dev/mmcblk0)
8. Once process is complete you should get a success message. If you didn't get one then something went very wrong
9. Re-insert the sd card and confirm that the CID has been successfully changed by typing cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid (yet again replace mmcblk0 if needed)

5. Write new CID to sd card (rooted android method)
Assuming your android phone is rooted, has a sd slot and that you have a sd card confirmed to be CID changable

1. Download evoplus_cid
2. Open a terminal and type su - to login as root
3. To find the proper device list the /dev/block directory. Then insert the sd card and enter the command again, now you should have your device. For me it was /dev/block/mmcblk1
3. Navigate to the file you downloaded
4. Type chmod +x evoplus_cid in the terminal to grant execute permissions
5. Type ./evoplus_cid <sdcard-entry> 5d5342303030384712c03293c0012ad7 don't forget to replace <sdcard-entry> with your entry (for me it's /dev/block/mmcblk1)
6. Once process is complete you should get a success message. If you didn't get one then something went very wrong

STEP 3 - move map files to sd card
We're almost done!

1. Make sure your sd card is formatted to FAT32
2. Open / extract the downloaded archive and move all content to the sd card. The directory cryptnav along with prod_info.txt should be placed in the sd card root directory
minou80 offline

Postby arvi 1 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:23 pm

Hello.There are many wise men here, but so far no one has answered me,does the original SD card also need to change the SID number?
arvi 1 offline

Postby xyluapyx » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:27 pm

Thanks to minou80
for the excellent guide to creating an SD card for nissan connect.
will be having a go at this very soon,

thanks
xyluapyx
xyluapyx offline

Postby xyluapyx » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:22 pm

Further to the explanation of creating an SD card for the Nissan connect
you mention that the cryptnav file and the prod_info.txt file should be
added to the SD root.
Can't see the prod_info.txt file anywhere in the download.
Has this file been missed out of the download , or do we really need it ?

Thanks..
xyluapyx offline

Postby moi123 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:43 pm

crée fichier (prod_info.txt: 296706;08.03.2021 06:34:12;10;PowerSoftware;2.0.2.19;SFSD016GL3BM1TO;;15nm MLC;Hyperstone S8;16GB;schwarz)
Last edited by moi123 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moi123 offline

Postby duncho » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:11 am

Thanks Memiblue for sharing, works like a sharm!
duncho offline

Postby gabib77 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:29 am

[Please Register or Login to download file]

... for faster download :)
gabib77 offline

Postby SEEVix » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:25 pm

There's something wrong with part 46. Probably it's unavailable on uploaded, maybe deleted?
Could u reupload it?
SEEVix offline

Postby era25 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:33 am

merci beaucoup du partage l'ami
era25 offline

Postby gritou » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:27 pm

Thanks for the files

xyluapyx, first of all you need a samsung evo plus SD card, but take care that it is a true one and that cid can be changed on that card (make a research for that). Moreover, the most difficult to find is to have a computer with sd card reader who's BUS is not usb but Pci, that's the hardest thing to find. Old Leonovo and hp laptop can be used most of the time but not all of them. And at the end, you'll have to use linux. If you're not able to have those three things, buy a pre-prepared card on the net.
An other way seems to use a micro SD card and an android phone (in root mode) but I don't really know how it works.

So it's not easy at all if you're not a kind of expert with computers.

Best regards
gritou offline

Postby laradio15 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:01 am

bonjour
qui peut m'indiquer un magasin qui vend des sd cards avec un cid sur demande je cherche cela pour une nissan juke de 2015
merci a tous
je suis a paris
laradio15 offline

Postby hambees » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:41 am

so when i put the card in it says only use a nissan sd card, anyone have any suggestions?
hambees offline

Postby laradio15 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:37 am

bjr I bought an sd card with the cid indicated I copied the crypnav folder to the root of the sd card when I put the card in the car it tells me to use a nissan card
I do not understand an explanation?
laradio15 offline

Postby minou80 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:23 am

STEP 2 - have a sd card with CID ready
There are three methods for you to choose

- You must have a laptop with a PCI-E sd controller (see 1. How to confirm PCI-E sd controller on laptop) OR a working rooted android phone with a sd slot
- You must be careful not to buy a fake sd card, or ones that are not CID changable. Many sellers don't specify the exact product models, product year etc.

Buy a sd card where the seller offers a service to also change the CID
- Save yourself the hassle and buy a sd card that comes with the proper CID
- An option if you cannot find a laptop with a PCI-E sd controller and don't have a rooted android device to tinker with
- The CID is found at the top of this thread

Buy a finished sd card with maps + proper cid
Note: When I mention "complete sd card" I mean a sd card that already has the proper CID + 2020 maps.

- This is really a worst case scenario since I want people to save money & learn something new
- If you don't feel like doing any of the other methods, or if you don't feel comfortable doing this, then you can find many who sell complete sd cards
- You shouldn't waste too much money on a (non-complete) sd card, since many sell complete sd cards for the navigation system for a similar price to what the sd cards are being sold for. For example I just saw a complete sd card for just 23 EUR! Regular sd cards are being sold at the same price! You'll have to do your own research to see what the current prices are

To modify the CID yourself you must first find a laptop running a linux distro that has a PCI-E sd controller, usb mass storage type sd readers will not work.
You can also modify the CID on a rooted android phone that has a sd slot, in that case skip the sd controller check.

1. How to confirm PCI-E sd controller on laptop
3. Open a terminal
5. Insert a sd card, it does not have to be a CID changable one
6. Type df
7. You should see one entry containing /dev/mmcblk**. If you do NOT see any such line than your laptop will not work as it doesn't have a PCI-E sd card reader

You can also modify CID with rooted android phones, but I am not going to cover that in this guide as I haven't done enough research on it. Google, right?

2. Shopping for CID changable sd cards
Now that you have found a laptop that can modify CID you can go shopping for a sd card. When shopping for sd cards you must be careful that you buy Samsung Evo ones (only!) that can be CID changable. You should only buy a sd card that has been confirmed to be CID changable. There's a thread on this forum where people have discussions about just that.
I should also mention that there is apparently a lot of fake sd cards that people are selling that are not CID changable even if it seems to match a product. There's a guide on how to spot fake products, I strongly recommend you read it. Some sellers also market their product it is CID changable - should make your job easier. For example you can search for "Samsung evo sd cid changable".

Here's what you need to know when shopping for cards:
- Only look for Samsung cards (preferably only reported working ones, list below)
- All cards produced after summer 2016 are reported to not be CID changable
- Only look for cards made in Korea, cards made in Philippines are reported not to work
- Be aware of fake cards, see Richard's blog for details on how to spot fakes, but do not worry if the seller claims the cards to be CID changable

A list of reported working cards:
- Samsung Evo/Evo+ cards
- Samsung Evo MB-SP32D/EU
- Samsung Evo+ MB-SC32D/EU
- Samsung Essential MB-MSBGA/EU 16GB
- Samsung Essential MB-MSAGB 16GB
- Samsung Essential 16 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
- Samsung Essential 32 GB (MB-MSBGA/EU)
- Samsung EVO 32 GB (MB-MP32DA)
- Samsung EVO 64 GB (MB-MP64DA)
- Samsung EVO+ 32 GB (MB-MC32DA & MB-MC32D) Notes: MB-MC32D/EU made in Philippines reported not working (they were made in Korea too, which work)
- Samsung EVO+ 64 GB (MB-MC64DA)
- Samsung EVO+ 128 GB (MB-MC128DA)
- Samsung PRO 32 GB (MB-MG32EA)
- Samsung PRO 64 GB (MB-MG64EA)
- Samsung PRO+ 32 GB (MB-MD32D)
- Samsung PRO+ 64 GB (MB-MD64D)
- Samsung 16GB SDHC Class 10 "U1" MB-SPAGC MADE IN KOREA MBSPAGVDDACA-XH
- Samsung 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 "U1" MB-MPBGC MADE IN KOREA MBMPBGVEQAFA-XH
- Lexar 8GB Class 4 Type MMAGR08GUDCA-DB made in Taiwan
- Transcend MicroSDHC 8GB TS8GUSDHC6

3. Verify sd card CID changable (laptop method)
Once you have an CID changable sd card we must first verify that it really is.

3. Open a terminal
5. Make sure the sd card you bought is plugged in
6. Type ls -l /sys/block | grep mmc you should see an entry like this mmc0: 0001 but if you instead see something else than that, for example mmc0: 59b4 then your sd card is not CID changable

4. Write new CID to sd card (laptop method)
1. Enter ubuntu again
2. Download mmc_tools.zip and extract the mmc file to /tmp
3. Open a terminal and type sudo su - to login as root
4. Navigate the terminal to /tmp
5. Type chmod +x /tmp/mmc in the terminal to grant execute permissions
6. Type df and find the entry of your sd card. For me it is /dev/mmcblk0
7. Type ./mmc prog_cid <sdcard-entry> 5d5342303030384712c03293c0012ad7 don't forget to replace <sdcard-entry> with your entry (for me it's /dev/mmcblk0)
8. Once process is complete you should get a success message. If you didn't get one then something went very wrong
9. Re-insert the sd card and confirm that the CID has been successfully changed by typing cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/cid (yet again replace mmcblk0 if needed)

5. Write new CID to sd card (rooted android method)
Assuming your android phone is rooted, has a sd slot and that you have a sd card confirmed to be CID changable

1. Download evoplus_cid
2. Open a terminal and type su - to login as root
3. To find the proper device list the /dev/block directory. Then insert the sd card and enter the command again, now you should have your device. For me it was /dev/block/mmcblk1
3. Navigate to the file you downloaded
4. Type chmod +x evoplus_cid in the terminal to grant execute permissions
5. Type ./evoplus_cid <sdcard-entry> 5d5342303030384712c03293c0012ad7 don't forget to replace <sdcard-entry> with your entry (for me it's /dev/block/mmcblk1)
6. Once process is complete you should get a success message. If you didn't get one then something went very wrong

STEP 3 - move map files to sd card
We're almost done!

1. Make sure your sd card is formatted to FAT32
2. Open / extract the downloaded archive and move all content to the sd card. The directory cryptnav along with prod_info.txt should be placed in the sd card root directory
minou80 offline

PreviousNext

Return to Nissan/Renault