DESIGN flaw in X9 Navteq with NEAREST LOCATION   

DESIGN flaw in X9 Navteq with NEAREST LOCATION

Postby buercky » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:30 am

I have discovered a design flaw in the software program release march 2012 version. not the map but the way it looks up a POI... when you try to search for a POI using its name the software wont find the POI nearest you if there are many listings. example in your destination type in BANK OF AMERICA then select NEAREST LOCATION. the software wont find the nearest you it will give the one that its city starts with A then B then C alphabetically. if you try to select nearest you it still wont give you the correct one. What the program is doing is INDEXING all the locations which could take up to 5 mins and then if you sleect NEAREST location it then provides the nearest.
So currently NISSAN AMERICA is looking into it so if you have a fix let me know. figure it will be in the 2013 update i hope.
buercky offline

Postby buercky » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:41 am

buercky wrote:I have discovered a design flaw in the software program release march 2012 version. not the map but the way it looks up a POI... when you try to search for a POI using its name the software wont find the POI nearest you if there are many listings. example in your destination type in BANK OF AMERICA then select NEAREST LOCATION. the software wont find the nearest you it will give the one that its city starts with A then B then C alphabetically. if you try to select nearest you it still wont give you the correct one. What the program is doing is INDEXING all the locations which could take up to 5 mins and then if you sleect NEAREST location it then provides the nearest.
So currently NISSAN AMERICA is looking into it so if you have a fix let me know. figure it will be in the 2013 update i hope.

Got word back from Nissan. They call this design intent What a waste if 1000.00. Can't use. Nearest location when looking up a poi
buercky offline

Return to Nissan/Renault