It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:12 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

TomTom Trucker 500

Hello guys. A friend of mine has this navigation on his truck (The device). Can I hack this with software (maybe TTActivator) and update the maps and other stuff? I don't have the device now with me, but what navcore will it have? Sorry for the stupid question, but I did a Google search and nothing.
TomTom Trucker 500 (Z77037K00034)
Read more : TomTom Trucker 500 | Views : 66 | Replies : 0

Software switch tomtom XL v2 - v4

Is there a way to get the software from a XL v4 on the XL v2

I have a tomtom XL v4 with a bad battery.
Got a tomtom XL v2 with a good battery

But the v2 has not got al the same menu's as the v4

Both the Tomtom's have the latest navcore and maps
Read more : Software switch tomtom XL v2 - v4 | Views : 133 | Replies : 4

TomTom Go 500 does not start up correctly after update

Hello,

i updated my tomtom Go 500 (registerd and lifetime free maps) but after installing it does not start up correctly.
It starts with the tomtom sound, but verry quickly the sound is like a machinegun, and than the systen hangs.
I just see TomTom and its logo on the screen, but have no access to the device over My Drive Connect.
Is there a way to reset the software or is there an other ...
Read more : TomTom Go 500 does not start up correctly after update | Views : 101 | Replies : 7

New TomTom Go 50 3D won't start

I bought 2 TomTom Go 50 3D on clearance years ago and never opened them. I recently had someone ask me if I had any GPS they could get from me and I said sure. Opened it up, plugged it into USB power and it turns on, asks for language then gets stuck on "Choose a Country" and never loads any countries. Tried plugging in to computer and installed MyDrive Connect app and it recognizes ...
Read more : New TomTom Go 50 3D won't start | Views : 89 | Replies : 0

Updating a TomTom Go 300 in 2024 ...

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if it would be possible to update a Go 300 with GB mainland maps from 2024?

Unit is running software and maps from when it was bought back in 2005. Has the original memory card. Would be a shame to throw it away. It still works and the UI is responsive.

I found this thread but the links don't work any more.
~https://www.navitotal.com/general-discussions-about-tomtom/tomtom-300-updating-t3105.html

Information from the unit I have:
Device: ...
Read more : Updating a TomTom Go 300 in 2024 ... | Views : 415 | Replies : 27

TomTom Go5000 not seen by PC

Hello,

I have a TomTom Go5000 Model: 4FL50 and have read some information on this forum, but I'd just like to check a few things prior to putting it aside.

My understanding is:-

- when hooking this unit up to a pc via usb, the pc cannot see it, correct? I ask as my pc cannot see it but I haven't got MyDrive Connect installed (and don't particularly want to).
- the device is pretty ...
Read more : TomTom Go5000 not seen by PC | Views : 195 | Replies : 11

TomTom Start red X at startup

Hello,

I have a TomTom Start that has a flashing red X at bottom right of screen and a harddrive symbol at bottom left of screen.

I've read a few posts regarding using Clear Flash tool, which I've downloaded and run but am unsure if it is doing anything. Can't remember where I downloaded it from and the instructions don't quite match what is being displayed on the screen. If it is doing something it ...
Read more : TomTom Start red X at startup | Views : 207 | Replies : 7

TomTom XXL signal loss

Hello!
I'm experiencing constant gps signal losses.
After format and reinstall, nothing changed.
So i bought another XXL and the issues are exactly the same...
Is it a enormous coincidence?
Is it TomTom attempting to force a sale of a newer model?
I wouldn't mind to purchase a newer model but TomTom stopped the one function i use constantly, the ability to add poi's..
I use gps to work and i need to add customers ...
Read more : TomTom XXL signal loss | Views : 114 | Replies : 2

GO 520 - Smartphone Messages - Really need MyDrive?

Trying to get SMS messages to appear on my TT GO 520.

Seems that I must have the MyDrive app on my phone for it to work?
https://download.tomtom.com/open/manual ... tphone.htm

"If you connect using only Bluetooth, the smartphone messages feature will not be available."

If I just want SMS, is there another way?

Thanks
Read more : GO 520 - Smartphone Messages - Really need MyDrive? | Views : 106 | Replies : 0

Windscreen Mount for TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi (ZN)

I've just got a TT GO 520 WiFi , it came without a windscreen or any other kind of mount and wondered if anyone has seen a good low cost alternative?
I've got a smart phone holder on a flexi stalk that might do the job but it wobbles quite a bit with a phone so am expecting even more wobble with the TT.
Apart from the expensive TT original mounts, all of the mounts ...
Read more : Windscreen Mount for TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi (ZN) | Views : 156 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162518 • Total topics 17234 • Total members 661440