It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

News News of General Discussions about Garmin

Site map of General Discussions about Garmin » Forum : General Discussions about Garmin

Can not calculate a route ERROR Garmin DriveSmart 50

Hi everyone,

need your help.

I have a standard Garmin Drivesmart 50. When I try to calculate a route from (for example) my House to a city approx 300kms away, it says "can not calculate the route". I have tried to calculate the same route via Trip Planner (via add point on Map) and same error.

I have checked the Device with Garmin Express and NO updates. (Firmware is 2.7) I also reinstalled the MAPS ...
Read more : Can not calculate a route ERROR Garmin DriveSmart 50 | Views : 101 | Replies : 5

[Help] So how can i import a map to nuvi 250 ?

Hey, i m new in garmin topic, how can i import a map to garmin nuvi 250 ?
I found a map here for europe, but idk how can import it correctly with correct software..
Any help appreciated.
Read more : [Help] So how can i import a map to nuvi 250 ? | Views : 66 | Replies : 1

Garmin Alpha 300 regional limitation patcher

Garmin Alpha 300 USA bought. Want to use it in Norway.
Anyone knows where to find the same type of regional limitation patcher, as is awailable for the Alpha 100 unit ?

Christian
Read more : Garmin Alpha 300 regional limitation patcher | Views : 54 | Replies : 1

Would A GPSMAP 78S Be Better than ETrex 32S?

Anybody used A 78S?

I See GPSMAP 78S Has Stood the Test Of Time and does All the 32X Can Comparing the Spec. Despite the Lower memory would, it be Better Functionality than A newer Etrex 32S If I added A 32GB SD? The Reason Is, A 78s Refurbished For £150 whereas The 32X Is £199 Fixed.
Read more : Would A GPSMAP 78S Be Better than ETrex 32S? | Views : 71 | Replies : 1

DriveSmart 55 Map updates

I currently own a Garmin DriveSmart 55 and wanted to update the maps from "City Navigator Europe NTU 2019.10" to a newer version. I've been able to get hold of the "City Navigator Europe NTU 2024.10.gmap" files however when I try to push the files to the Satnav using Base Camp, The satnav tells me the files are corrupt and cannot be used.

Is there anyway I can get the files to work or do ...
Read more : DriveSmart 55 Map updates | Views : 166 | Replies : 1

Physical Diffrences Between Drivesmart 65 & 65 with Alexa

I have been watching Ebay for a Drivesmart 65 with Alexa. I would like to find a physical difference between a Drivesmart 65 and a Drivesmart 65 with Alexa. I have noticed some have a triangle above the embossed Garmin on the back and some don't. Or possibly a serial number range. Something to identify a unit as a Alexa unit even when the person selling the unit does not know that it is a ...
Read more : Physical Diffrences Between Drivesmart 65 & 65 with Alexa | Views : 152 | Replies : 2

Drivesmart 55 Buying maps from Garmin

Hello everyone.
I have Garmin Drivesmart 55. I have UK maps only and I would like to have UK and full EU maps. I have done some research and everyone is saying that it is not possible to patch this device so I guess that the only way to get EU maps is to buy them. If I would buy EU maps then will I get free lifetime updates of these EU maps as well? ...
Read more : Drivesmart 55 Buying maps from Garmin | Views : 255 | Replies : 3

Garmin Approach S40 Battery

Hello. Has any successfully replaced a Garmin Approach S40 battery? I don't see how to open it other than maybe taking a heat gun to it and loosening the adhesive. If i did that though I'm not sure what i would use to reseal it.
Read more : Garmin Approach S40 Battery | Views : 142 | Replies : 0

how to install unlocked maps on PC for basecamp

Hi,
Next to the Wonderfull .img unlocked maps to use for the garmin here, I wonder where I could find the similar maps for basecamp without needing to connect the Garmin to the computer.
Any trick or tip for that?
Next to the free maps I mean - example West Europe Topo Pro
Thanks!
Read more : how to install unlocked maps on PC for basecamp | Views : 352 | Replies : 3

Nuvi 1370 takes longer to start-up with power cable

When I start-up my Nuvi 1370 using its internal battery it starts in less than ten seconds.

Though when the power cable is connected to the Nuvi and car power it takes upwards of thirty seconds to start.

Why is this?
Read more : Nuvi 1370 takes longer to start-up with power cable | Views : 208 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 160816 • Total topics 17068 • Total members 646819