Site map of NaviTotal.com » Forum : NaviTotal.com

NaviTotal.com is a community where you can find all needed for your GPS

Add a Meta to meta.txt

Thread Courtesy of Downunder35m

Open the meta.txt with your Editor.
You should see something like this :

;Country Maps
;
61 49 C8 F5 A2 46 15 44 F4 FE CD 04 D3 7E 39 1D Australia-70.meta ; Australia_835_2419
95 D7 BB FB 8E CF F8 8B DD 9D 59 C8 EE 1F CD 43 Alps_plus_major_roads_of_WE-35.meta ; Alps_plus_major_roads_of_WE 830_2305 35
76 EE 1B F4 91 66 FD 89 8D F1 3E 4B 6E 11 62 ...
Read more : Add a Meta to meta.txt | Views : 16709 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tutorials

Tomtom bootloaders 5.5xx comparison

Important ! For bootloader 1.0100 and 1.0200 (or generally starting with 1. ) Please See this post first http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?943-Bootloader-1.0100-and-1.0200&p=2279#post2279

I've tried to collect some of the latest bootloaders from all over the WWW.

This is only for information ,no links provided!!
The list is not complete but the most important bootloaders are there.
Here is a little list with things to know :
5.5012 - support for SD cards >2GB on ...
Read more : Tomtom bootloaders 5.5xx comparison | Views : 17099 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tutorials

Switchfiles for dummies

Ever wondered how to configure the "switchfiles" and what all the setting mean?
Well ,I'll try to explain it here...

With a SE Navcore you can use the switchfiles to emulate different devices - meaning that a cheap x10 unit can get the look and feel of the biggest x40 unit.

To use the switchfiles you need a folder "config" in the root of your device.
Within this folder you can ...
Read more : Switchfiles for dummies | Views : 11488 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Tutorials

How to solve memory issues?

Too little memory can not be solved in sys.txt.
Sorry. It can! By appointing some memory to iGO, but that is device dependable. So there is no general rule. It's a emergency solution, so to speak, and naming the wrong amount of memory can crash the device!
And in general sys.txt should be as short as possible. So that is memory saving after all.

From my experience, I know different solutions that work, however you ...
Read more : How to solve memory issues? | Views : 7975 | Replies : 0 | Forum : > How to…

How to solve error messages

In this thread I intend to explain how to solve common errors installing iGO8.

Application database not found
The program database error message is exactly what it says. iGO8's program looks for its proprietary folder where it expects to find everything necessary to run and compile the program. But, in the case of this error doesn't.

Most likely you are trying to run iGo off an SD card. I have no information about what you ...
Read more : How to solve error messages | Views : 12334 | Replies : 1 | Forum : > How to…

List of known iGO 8, Amigo, and Primo (WinCE-Based) releases

Only iGO8, Amigo, and Primo releases for Windows CE,
8.0 R0 => 1st generation IGO 8
8.2 => China Thailand build
8.3 R3 => 2nd generation IGO 8/Becker
8.4 => Amigo builds8.5 => Becker only builds
8.5 => iGO Primo

NOT UPDATED ANY MORE !!

Updated as a X-mas gift 2016

===> ATTENTION for build number and dates - There are fake builds around ! So far there is no malware involved - as ...

TTS voices and components

Originally posted by Chas521

I've been informed that Loquendo voices will not work with WinCE 6.

TTS_LOQ engine folder for Primo

Here's what I did and it works fine. I downloaded my modified TTS_LOQ folder and extracted it to Primo in addition to the tts folder already there. Then I put the iGO8 modified louder voices from content\voice in addition to those voices already in the Primo folder. Now I have a ...
Read more : TTS voices and components | Views : 47447 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Languages, voices, speedcams

All you need to know about TTS

Text To Speach (TTS)

What do I need for TTS to work ?

Originally Posted by kamotekaTTS has several components and these have to be all included for it to work. The first component is the TTS engine which is found in the folder TTS_LOQ. The second component is the set of dll files to support TTS. These are loqmsx.dll, LoqTTS6.dll, LoqTTS6_util.dll for the English TTS (there are different sets for different languages) ...
Read more : All you need to know about TTS | Views : 20676 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Languages, voices, speedcams

How to install iGO8 from scratch

How to install iGO8 from scratch
This is my (modified) general manual from the old disneyworld website, written for newbies.
It is no more than a guideline. I hope it helps. That is why I wrote it.

Initial instructions

to unzip or not to unzip?
Somehow users unzip files that do not need to be unzipped with the consequence that the installation fails on start up. Read careful what to unzip! When I say ...
Read more : How to install iGO8 from scratch | Views : 77053 | Replies : 0 | Forum : > How to…

Double din 2Din GPS - How to install thread

The iGO in this thread is very old now - released in May 2009.
The time that GPS devices were low on memory is gone too. Memory chips are cheap.

Unless your device is older, the only use of this thread is a good read. and even if you do have an older and/or a low memory device, there are more modern solutions.

Like this program :
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?10941-iGo-8.3.5-Minimal-for-low-power-devices-TBM

How to install ...
Read more : Double din 2Din GPS - How to install thread | Views : 36553 | Replies : 0 | Forum : > How to…

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 161084 • Total topics 17092 • Total members 649500