Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K - Full Coverage   

Postby huntsman » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 am

Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K - Full Coverage and Regional
Version: 3.00
Released: Sept, 2011

Credits to [color="#800000"]nice user[/color]

• Includes terrain contours, elevations, summits, trails, trig points, campsites, geographic points and more.
  • Provides the same detailed road data used in our automotive products, with thousands of addresses and points of interest, including lodging, food and drink, car parks, banks, petrol stations, attractions, campsites and more.
  • Includes Digital Elevation Model (DEM) for route profile planning
  • Provides turn-by-turn directions on roads by car or bike.
  • Allows user to search for destinations by address or by category: points of interest include lodging, food and drink, car parks, banks, petrol stations, attractions, campsites and more.

MapID: [color="#800000"]2544[/color]

Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50k — Scotland
[tr][td][Please Register or Login to download file] [/td]
[td][color="#800000"]Locked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[color="#800000"]UnLocked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[b]About Coverage

[/b]Features topographic coverage of Scotland, including the Shetland, Orkney and Hebrides islands and the English border to Newcastle upon Tyne. Also includes Northumberland National Park and Kielder Forest Park.[/td][/tr]
Code: Select all
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=63896&pvID=64615

Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K — Northern England & Midlands
[td][color="#800000"]Locked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[color="#800000"]UnLocked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[b]About Coverage

[/b]Features topographic coverage of Northern England and the Midlands. Includes northern England from Northumberland National Park and Kielder Forest Park to Lowestoft, the Norfolk Broads and the northern part of Wales, including Snowdonia National Park.[/td][/tr]
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=63898&pvID=64616

Garmin GB Discoverer 1:50K — Southern England & Wales
[td][color="#800000"]Locked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[color="#800000"]UnLocked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[b]About Coverage

[/b]Features topographic coverage of Southern England and Wales. Includes coverage of Wales and England from Peak District National Park, Sheffield and Nottingham to the whole of the South, including the Scilly Islands and the Isle of Wight.[/td][/tr]
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=255&pID=63901

[td][color="#800000"]Locked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[color="#800000"]UnLocked[/color] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file] [Please Register or Login to download file]

[b]About Coverage

[/b]Features topographic coverage of all of Great Britain.[/td][/tr]
https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=255&pID=71454
huntsman offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby surfbumbob » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:38 am

cheers second links working good
surfbumbob offline

Postby ianmb » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:50 pm

I have downloaded ths GB Discoverer and have un-rared it now what do i do next?
ianmb offline

Postby bam-bam » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:24 pm

copy/paste image on your device
bam-bam offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ianmb » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm

did that it came up Cannot unlock maps
ianmb offline

Postby bam-bam » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 pm

bam-bam offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ianmb » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Should I try puting it on an SD card. My Garmin is a 62st
ianmb offline

Postby ianmb » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:56 am

I did what you said many thanks, after starting about 2 min into the file it came up with program not working close program. clasoed program but it carried on with a title screen changed from Alternative to whocares?. Then came up with unlock complete. Downloaded a smaller file as 2gb takes to long unloading and loading onto GPS or card to see if it works. Downloaded Breacon Beacons and did the same thing. put it on my SC card and it works fine. Will try the first GB discoverer to see if that works.
Regards
Ian
ianmb offline

Postby surfbumbob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 pm

try this
If you have memory problem with large image files you can try these 3GB switch

The /3GB or 3GB switch in the boot.ini file lets you tune the use of memory and memory address space in your computer.
The /3GB switch specifies the amount of memory for user-mode virtual address space.
It is used to allocate more memory to applications and less memory to the operating system.

The /3GB switch increases the size of the user process address space from 2 GB to 3 GB.

This can improve performance of servers that run virtual-memory-intensive applications. That is for example database servers.
A larger address space can improve a database server performance.

***** Windows XP *****
edit boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=10
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise with /3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

***** Windows Vista *****

To SET the 3GB switch in 32-bit VISTA, do the following:
1) Right-click 'Command Prompt -- Start > Accessories > Command Prompt
2) Choose 'Run as Administrator'
3) Type "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" and press [Enter]
4) Restart the computer

To REMOVE the 3GB switch in 32-bit VISTA, do the following:
1) Right-click 'Command Prompt -- Start > Accessories > Command Prompt
2) Choose 'Run as Administrator'
3) Type "bcdedit /deletevalue IncreaseUserVa" and press [Enter]
4) Restart the computer
surfbumbob offline

Postby ianmb » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:33 pm

I am running Windows 7 would Vista format work?
ianmb offline

Postby surfbumbob » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:56 pm

try it out mate worked for me but im on vista, dont see how it would not work
run command prompt as administrater and copy and past this in there ===> bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072

then enter and reboot
surfbumbob offline

Postby ianmb » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:13 pm

It worked!!! :yahoo: many thanks. I used the second set of flies and they worked. I put it direct on the 62st Garmin file. I placed a 8gb card into the GPS and put all the other maps on it. The GMAPSUPP.IMG files I put the name in front of it like this: BBPC-gmapsupp.img ( Breacon Beacon Pembroke Coast ) I hope that helps others. :)

Regards
Ian
ianmb offline

Postby yan_cart » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:55 pm

Hi, Think Im missing smthg here. How do you download the GB Discovery images above? When you click on them it sends you to the Multiupload site. Ive installed this, but what now? Ive tried pasting the links above into multiupload but with no luck. Any Ideas???

Thanks
yan_cart offline

Postby ianmb » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:22 am

yan_cart wrote:Hi, Think Im missing smthg here. How do you download the GB Discovery images above? When you click on them it sends you to the Multiupload site. Ive installed this, but what now? Ive tried pasting the links above into multiupload but with no luck. Any Ideas???

Thanks

Hi, You say you have installed this.. do you mean you have downloaded it to your computer. Once you have done that you unzip it with winzip or i use winrar. have you got that far?
My GPS is the Garmin GPSMAP 62st
ianmb offline

Postby yan_cart » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi, no Ive not downloaded as yet as all the link does is send you to the Multiupload site to install the multiupload s/w.

I presume somehow you need to paste a link into multiupload to download the s/w, but how do you paste the link?

Thanks..
yan_cart offline

Next

Return to New Maps