NDrive on Android phone   

NDrive on Android phone

Postby Pepin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:26 am

Hi,

I downloaded the NDrive for Android directly from NDrive website (direct into phone over Wifi). Version 10.1.15 (1165) H

Comes with 7 day map trial. I am using Australia & NZ. So far looks good and better than Motonav I think. But still need to test drive.

Just too bad there are no maps or resources in this thread yet. Also did not test the (free downloadable) speedcams yet. Will go for a drive later. Map however does not show any symbol for speedcams at two locations I know there should be. So not sure how up-to-date their file is (Australia). Maybe it will show when driving (hopefully).

Anyone know the structure of NDrive, which maps are usable, which speedcam files, and especially where to find them, etc??? How to alternatively enable maps etc?

Running on Samsung Galaxy S (GT-I9000), Android 2.1 update1
Pepin offline

Postby dolphin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 pm

I've been running NDrive alongside iGo Motonav which I then updated to iGo MyWay on my Samsung Galaxy S, same as yours.

Of the 3 systems, I find "iGo MyWay" probably the best overall, here's my findings:

iGo Motonav - Poor user interface but maps are good (Western Europe), quick to update new route when wrong turn taken.
iGo MyWay - Hugh improvement with user interface, plenty more options and as it uses the same structure and maps as iGo Motonav the maps are great, it updates fast and is my choice.
NDrive - Has the best user interface but falls down with route planning and updating routes. Even though I have it set up for the Fastest routes, it keeps sending me odd ways. It seems to think that 8 miles through a city center (with traffic, traffic lights etc) is quicker than 12 miles on a motorway (starting and ending in the same place). It is also slower at re-calculating a route when a wrong turning is taken.

I also have a Tomtom and a Garmin stand alone unit and have compared the results with them all and NDrive is the only one to send me the slower and sometimes longer route.

If you still want to run NDrive you need to load " NDrive-10.1.15-androboost.apk " first.
Likewise with iGo MyWay you need to load "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk" first.

Lets know and I'll point you in the direction of links.

D
dolphin offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Pepin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:09 am

dolphin wrote:I've been running NDrive alongside iGo Motonav which I then updated to iGo MyWay on my Samsung Galaxy S, same as yours.

Of the 3 systems, I find "iGo MyWay" probably the best overall, here's my findings:

iGo Motonav - Poor user interface but maps are good (Western Europe), quick to update new route when wrong turn taken.
iGo MyWay - Hugh improvement with user interface, plenty more options and as it uses the same structure and maps as iGo Motonav the maps are great, it updates fast and is my choice.
NDrive - Has the best user interface but falls down with route planning and updating routes. Even though I have it set up for the Fastest routes, it keeps sending me odd ways. It seems to think that 8 miles through a city center (with traffic, traffic lights etc) is quicker than 12 miles on a motorway (starting and ending in the same place). It is also slower at re-calculating a route when a wrong turning is taken.

I also have a Tomtom and a Garmin stand alone unit and have compared the results with them all and NDrive is the only one to send me the slower and sometimes longer route.

If you still want to run NDrive you need to load " NDrive-10.1.15-androboost.apk " first.
Likewise with iGo MyWay you need to load "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk" first.

Lets know and I'll point you in the direction of links.

D

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback .Sorry for not replying earlier, its been a bit hectic. I am currently using Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2... (I am waiting for other users feedback before going for 2.1)

I have iGo MotoNav but would like to try MyWay.
I also have NDrive but map is locked after trial. Didnt have much chance to try so not sure.

Any other good navigation with build in maps you can recomend?

Could you PM me the links you mentioned?

Thanks,

Pepin
Pepin offline

Postby dolphin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:18 am

I have iGo MotoNav but would like to try MyWay.
I also have NDrive but map is locked after trial. Didnt have much chance to try so not sure.

Any other good navigation with build in maps you can recomend?

Could you PM me the links you mentioned?

Check your pm for link to iGo MyWay.

Just uninstall Motonav from your phone, put the folders back then run "iGOMyWay_8.4.2.139242_JMX_tangbohu_jnorbi.apk", it uses the same files.

As for nDrive you need to run "NDrive-10.1.15-androboost.apk", but do not download the maps from the net when it ask's you. You need to add your map after to avoid the trial period.
I've found that the nDrive maps are slightly more up to date than even the latest iGo maps, just used it last weekend on a new motorway, it was on the nDrive map but not on the iGo map, so I've decided to keep both systems on my Samsung.

D
dolphin offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby mad.tom » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Dolphin, ca you pls give more details on how to make Ndrive working. I DLed soft +trials from the Market to the phone, got the "NDrive-10.1.15-androboost.apk DLed to my computer and now wrecking my head how to proceed to have all properly installed and functional. I am not sure what to do with the official version of ND which is on the phone and how to apply the booster. I also have a map but it's the same story - no idea how to move on. Please advise. I had experience in dealing with TT on a car nav but that was much more clearer than the mobile. Sorry
mad.tom offline

Postby marcusmah22 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:22 am

hey dolphin, im from malaysia. i've tried nDrive, so far so good in here. Would u mind to pm me the link and show me the way to crack this nDrive ? Thanks.
marcusmah22 offline

Postby marcusmah22 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:26 am

by the way, im using SE x10 mini. with android 2.1.
marcusmah22 offline

Postby cstd99 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:47 am

do anyone have a links for the ndrive 10.1.15 android, please......
cstd99 offline

Postby jndrfq » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

I have got nDrive working on my HTC Desire Z with Froyo 2.2, I have maps for Europe etc but I am currently in Middle east. Through one of the other threads here in this forum, I found the links to download the maps for GCC (middle east). I'm not sure how to proceed now, How can I patch up the maps on the device to be used with the Ndrive application ?

I did the same for Garmin XT on Symbian, it worked perfectly !! Can someone guide me for android ?

cheers
JndRfq
jndrfq offline

Postby s_cosmin25 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:09 pm

Can anyone send me the link for IGo MyWay for Android 2.3 ? Please !
s_cosmin25 offline

Postby s_cosmin25 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:11 pm

...and may be for Europe maps too:angel_mini::angel_mini:?
s_cosmin25 offline

Return to NDrive System