ICN 520 Reinstall   

ICN 520 Reinstall

Postby Navcan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:24 am

Friend screwed up the 520. I am trying to fix it. I copied everything from the flash drive and formatted it but everytime I run the 520 unlock it says PNADesktop.exe is running, in rom or something.

can anybody please guide me through the process. :upset:
Navcan offline

Postby Navcan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:49 am

i did a hard reset and i think i got it guys.

i wonder, this time, since i gave the icn 520 to some one else, can i just use a 64mb sd card, i see the igo8 version i was using only took 53mb. so why bother with my 2gb sd card, which I could keep for my other stuff? what do you guys think?
Navcan offline

Postby nabi » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:49 am

53MB? That is only the program then.

The 2GB SD was (in the past) recommended to have enough room for all content, based on the full Europe content. These days and with all bells and whistles, a 4GB is needed. A 2GB is too small, just.

Although less than 2GB may be enough, depending on your needs (maps/POI/speedcam/...) and devices capabilities (DEM/3D features/..). Of course, also dependable on where (internal memory or SD) you store everything. Thus a 128MB can be sufficient in some cases, for program and minimal content.

On one of my old devices (which I don't have anymore), I set up a full iGO8.3.5 with only the content I (in fact my son) really needed and I did this on a 512MB SD. There was still room for more. But with the restriction of the available space that rested on the SD. There was no room left for e.g. the German map (I think that one is 248 MB), but plenty for Vatican City :rofl_mini:.

Also I do think it's best not to fill up the SD for 100% but leave some space for the devices needs. You may delete some useless files from time to time (logs, history, crash txt ;) , ....)
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Navcan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:06 am

remember that lite version of igo8 you and fatboy gave me last year on that other forum. Well yea that's the one.
I gave it to someone and now took down all the other crap apps I had and it actually fit in the 64MB card same maps and stuff inside the iGO folder, nothing changes with about 9MB free + put a notepad app too. :rofl_mini:

it seems to be working for now, if it gets any problems in the future I will put the 2GB card back in. lol.
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:27 am

You can just about shoehorn a minimal iGO8 installation and UK map+poi into 256MB
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Navcan » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:55 am

my ones only 64MB. So far so good. :drunk:
Navcan offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:23 am

As long as it fits with a bit of room to spare for the save folder, then you'll have no problems.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Navman Device Unlock