Which Navcore for TomTom One (v3) 512mb   

Which Navcore for TomTom One (v3) 512mb

Postby nonstopstarter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:44 am

Hi All,

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject but I have had a good read over the forums for the past few hours and I havent yet come up with a solution that works so I hope you can help.

I have a stock TomTom One 3rd Edition (512mb) S/N Y4xxxxxxxxxx

It is currently running a stock Map and Navcore.
[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v6)
DeviceSerialNumber=Y4xxxxxxxxxx
DeviceUniqueID=XXXXX XXXXX
RamDiskVersion=20070913
BootLoaderVersion=53026
LinuxVersion=2311
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7130
ApplicationVersion=8476
UserLanguage=English UK

What I would like to do is install a Western US & Canada Map file 945 6243 which is around 469mb according to the Map forum.

So I downloaded this along with the Universal NavCore installer file, but I found that after running the UNCI installer for 9510 that it took up too much space to allow me to install the desired map.

I understand that this is a small device and this may not be possible, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Navcore download which I can use that will allow me to fit this 469mb Map file alongside it. I only need basic functionality, but I would like Jane if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Nonstop
nonstopstarter offline

Re: Which Navcore for TomTom One (v3) 512mb

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:27 am

You are extremly limited with such a device in terms of maps.
There are a few older SE Navcores available that use slightly less space but I think you best option would be to check the tutotrial section on how to add a SD card to your TT.
This way you get a new lease on life and can use full featured maps with no size limits.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:04 pm

nonstopstarter wrote: I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Navcore download which I can use that will allow me to fit this 469mb Map file alongside it.

If you prefer not to take Downunder's suggestion, then use this navcore. It is current for your device.

[Please Register or Login to download file] [13.5MB]
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby nonstopstarter » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:35 pm

Thank You both for the advice.

Adding an SD Card is probably beyond my limitations, so I'd like to install the old v8 Navcore mentioned by tendriver.

I notice the link is direct from TomTom, does this mean I will nee to 'patch' the Navcore before installing the map?

Thanks again!
nonstopstarter offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:24 pm

nonstopstarter wrote:I notice the link is direct from TomTom, does this mean I will nee to 'patch' the Navcore before installing the map?

Yes, you will have to patch the navcore, but not before installing the map. Load both the map & navcore, then run FastActivate.exe option 2 to patch the map & option 3 for the navcore.
Disconnect & reboot. DONE!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices