Update TT ONE XL   

Update TT ONE XL

Postby CRNeo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Hi,

New to this forum, I want to know if I can update my TomTom One XL to latest software/maps?

I'm currently running 8.010 32Mb RAM and UK Maps v675.1409

I've had a quick look round and can't see any obvious info.

Anyone help?

Thanks
CRNeo offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:00 pm

CRNeo wrote:Hi,

New to this forum, I want to know if I can update my TomTom One XL to latest software/maps?

I'm currently running 8.010 32Mb RAM and UK Maps v675.1409

I've had a quick look round and can't see any obvious info.

Anyone help?

Thanks

Some ONE XLs have a card slot. Does yours?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby CRNeo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Yes it does have an SD slot.
CRNeo offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instructions, then select SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar

Go here: 880 maps with automatic installer and FastActivate Read the instructions, then select United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_880_3810 227mb

Put a copy of you unit's ttgo.bif file on the card. Follow the instructions. Install both downloads. Done.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby zulebg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:27 pm

Hi tendriver,
TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation instructions says this :
Download the required navcore (done)
Run the .exe from your PC (done)
Choose the Drive letter of your TomTom (done)
Click Install and wait (done)
Activate map if required with the already included AutoActivate.exe (here I stall cause dont sure if I should first unzip map folder onto the root of the internal memory (1 gb One XL) beside the Navcore and then run AutoActivate ? and can I put the map on the SD extended card cause map is 2 GB, doesn't fit on internal memory of device. ?)
> Boot tomtom before activate maps (If a clean install has been peformed) - what this means exactly ? Unrar Navcore 1st, then re-boot device with new Navcore on it (8.412) and then unrar the map and then activate the map downloaded and unzipped into the device or SD memory card ?

I have the same model - One XL. I already put *.* from internal One XL memory to harddisk as backup, then unrar the contents from SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar to the memory of One XL.
I rebooted device, now ready to unrar the map onto the SD and AutoActivate it, but waiting for your detailed instructions to avoid any issues :)

thanks in advance,
Vlad newbie :)
zulebg offline

Postby zulebg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:46 pm

One more detail pls,
should I put the new updated ttgo.bif (v 8.412) from device internal memory to SD card or old (official NC 8.01) ttgo.bif file from internal memory to SD card ?
Or from somewhere else to somewhere else ?

many thanks
zulebg offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:49 pm

After the installer for the map is finnished FastActivate will start.
Here you click on "update meta" than "activate maps,voices,speedcams".
The map is activated if you get a .dct file in the map folder that has the name of your map.
All you need is to enter the drive letter of your SD card (e.g.: e:\ ) in the installer, the map will be installed in the correct folder and when finnished FastActivate will start.
You don't have to patch the Navcore.
Make sure to have a copy of your ttgo.bif on the SD ;)
It does not matter if you use the old or new ttgo.bif as the deviceID inside is the same - and that's what is needed for the map activation.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

zulebg wrote:1. Boot tomtom before activate maps (If a clean install has been peformed) - what this means exactly ? Unrar Navcore 1st, then re-boot device with new Navcore on it (8.412) and then unrar the map and then activate the map downloaded and unzipped into the device or SD memory card ?

2. I rebooted device, now ready to unrar the map onto the SD and AutoActivate it, but waiting for your detailed instructions to avoid any issues

1. TT units create a ttgo.bif file everytime they are booted. AutoActivate uses data in this file to patch the map. When you do a clean install there isn't a ttgo.bif, so you boot the unit to create one.

2. Put the unzipped map folder, AutoActivate & a copy of the ttgo.bif file on the card. Run AA to patch the map. Look for a .meta.dct file in the map folder to confirm that it is patched. If it is there, then you can remove AutoActivate & the copy of the ttgo.bif file, insert the card into the unit & boot it.

RATS, YOU BEAT ME AGAIN!!!!! Gotcha, he is using AutoActivate, not FastActivate!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

It's not a race - see it as double service for the user ;)
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Downunder35m wrote:It's not a race - see it as double service for the user ;)

Yeah, just adding a little humor, but I still Gotcha, he is using AutoActivate, not FastActivate!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Than he is doing something wrong as FastActivate is included in the installer.
Don't blame me if he prefers AutoActivate LOL
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:31 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Than he is doing something wrong as FastActivate is included in the installer.
Don't blame me if he prefers AutoActivate LOL

He is using djc's TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation with AutoActivate included, not FA.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby zulebg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi,
thanks very much. It works, however internal device memory is 1GB and maps are 2 GB, so I need to put the map on the SD. When I boot device with SD inside, it demands me to sort out the SD card, or if I boot device 1st and then put SD card inside it freezes and the map (of 1 GB or 2 GB on SD card) won't come out to load. If I get it well, I need to put Navcore and maps altogether on SD card and erase everything from internal 1gb unite memory ? on Sd card I have map folder Europe_West with .dct file inside and ttgo.bif in root of SD card. When I remove ttgo.bif from root it still doesn't work.
I need to do everything from the beginning on the SD card directly avoiding internal unit memory, is it ?

PS Can I try with Navcore 8.5xx or even 9 ? Cause they exist, so why not ? What do u think ?

Thanks for your flawless help guys !
zulebg offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:39 pm

zulebg wrote:Hi,
thanks very much. It works, however internal device memory is 1GB and maps are 2 GB, so I need to put the map on the SD. When I boot device with SD inside, it demands me to sort out the SD card, or if I boot device 1st and then put SD card inside it freezes and the map (of 1 GB or 2 GB on SD card) won't come out to load. If I get it well, I need to put Navcore and maps altogether on SD card and erase everything from internal 1gb unite memory ? on Sd card I have map folder Europe_West with .dct file inside and ttgo.bif in root of SD card. When I remove ttgo.bif from root it still doesn't work.
I need to do everything from the beginning on the SD card directly avoiding internal unit memory, is it ?

PS Can I try with Navcore 8.5xx or even 9 ? Cause they exist, so why not ? What do u think ?

Thanks for your flawless help guys !

My apologies. Time to quit the humor & get serious. Your ONE XL can not use the internal & a SD card at the same time. Copy everything, except maps, from the internal to the card, & you should be good to go. It is not necessary to erase the internal.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby zulebg » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:28 pm

Thanks, will give a try immediately. Can I go further and put the Navcore v 9 for ex ? Can I put Navcore 8.5xx or 9.0xx SE or not SE (basicpack) ? I saw someone put it on his One XL v. 9.0x basicpack or something like that, so just to see what is all about and if it's better, faster, more stable etc.
I've put speedcams and voices, it all works, however with Premium cam files it shows Mobile radars (cams) but it doesn't make any sound alert, for fix cams it does. Any suggestions, with that I'll be on 100% of my aim :)

tanx 101%
zulebg offline

Next

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices