tomtom start 10 navcore   

tomtom start 10 navcore

Postby 6bc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:01 am

Has anyone got tomtom start 10 (australia) navcore as i would like to try in on tomtom start to see if i can get ALG to work.
Thanks
6bc offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:38 am

Sorry, but I can not follows you here.
I don't know a Start 10 either.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tombob » Sat May 07, 2011 12:11 am

To enable ALG on a start V1 I use the navcore 9.151 and reskin to "start2" provided by bmwdriver on this great tutorial :
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5506-latest-NC-prepared-for-small-and-large-devices

It works fine. One can also test another type of tomtom by changing the reskin file. But on my start v1 the only one with working sound is the start2 (i didn't test the start one, because i guess it is quite the same as the one i originaly have).
I would be great if there was a navcore for start which allows to enter gps position: with this navcore one can enable this option by using a reskin different from start2 but then the sound isn't working.
tombob offline

Postby bmwdriver » Sun May 08, 2011 7:20 am

tombob wrote:with this navcore one can enable this option by using a reskin different from start2 but then the sound isn't working.

This is a known problem of some devices (.i.e. start, start2, xl2, ??).
There is a workaround possible:
- install a NC with working sound (original or my 9.151 with "start2" reskin.
- create a folder "SdkRegistry" and copy some files into it.

You could play with the content of the file "tomtom.mnu" to try different configurations.
I got it from another forum.

Please give a feedback, if this works for you (even if not).
bmwdriver offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby bmwdriver » Sun May 08, 2011 7:44 am

Downunder35m wrote:I don't know a Start 10 either.

In Europe they call it Start2.
In the USA they call it Ease.
In Australia they call it Start10.
IMHO they are identical.
bmwdriver offline

Postby tombob » Tue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm

bmwdriver wrote:This is a known problem of some devices (.i.e. start, start2, xl2, ??).
There is a workaround possible:
- install a NC with working sound (original or my 9.151 with "start2" reskin.
- create a folder "SdkRegistry" and copy some files into it.

You could play with the content of the file "tomtom.mnu" to try different configurations.
I got it from another forum.

Please give a feedback, if this works for you (even if not).

Thank you for thoses menu, I tried them but they did not add the possibility to enter a GPS point as destination. In fact when I use the X40 reskin, this possibility appear in the sub menu Go to. In the tomtom.mnu there is only first level menu and when I choose Go to I arrive on the by default sub menu identical as the one of the NC. Maybe it is possible to add sub menu to tomtom.mnu, but I don't know how. I tried also another menus with same results on diffetents forums and also this one: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2702-Full-Menu-for-a-Start.
For the sound that don't work with other reskin than start, I read that it is due to different hardware on the start series, so drivers of other tomtom don't work for it :(.
I will stay with yours NC for start2 that gives the ALG and more menus. If I become less lazy:morning1:, I will try to add sub menus (It may by in my possibility) or wait for someone to plug start sound driver into X40 NC (That is far beyond my possibility!!)

thanks again
tombob offline

Postby rickgtx » Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 pm

The Dark Mireille patch is the only one I found with ALG and TTS working on my EASE.
I installed NC9_ME_v2.0.0-pre1.rar on my EASE and now have ALG --- only in x30/x40 GUI. There seems some problems in x30 GUI with duplicate selections in the menu panels (Help Me!, Guided Tours, ...)

It seems information on ME patches was lost when the XXXXX shutdown it's TomTom section. I got my EASE a few weeks ago -- so I'm a little late.

I tried DSA patches including the memory saving ones from bmwdirver to try to get ALG but lose all sound unless using Self - then no ALG with Slf. Need to try Start2
rickgtx offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 pm

I see you found us :)
It makes no sense to point to other forums especially if the corresponding section no longer exists.
ALG should work fine in any mode as it is a feature of the map.
But afaik BMWDRIVER has solved the problems on these models with his work, are you sure you followed his instructions?
Even the original Navcore with a customised menu should give you the features you need, or is there anything special missing?
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bmwdriver » Wed May 11, 2011 3:03 pm

tombob wrote:Thank you for thoses menu, I tried them but they did not add the possibility to enter a GPS point as destination.

Agreed. I just investigated "my" resources and can confirm that "navigate to GPS position" is not possible in this way.
In fact when I use the X40 reskin, this possibility appear in the sub menu Go to. In the tomtom.mnu there is only first level menu and when I choose Go to I arrive on the by default sub menu identical as the one of the NC.

agreed.
Maybe it is possible to add sub menu to tomtom.mnu, but I don't know how.

nope
For the sound that don't work with other reskin than start, I read that it is due to different hardware on the start series, so drivers of other tomtom don't work for it :(.

Yep. Thats the reason. S.o. (DM) with deeper knowledge how to reenginere/disassemble the code has solved this problem by patching PNDNavigator.
I will stay with yours NC for start2 that gives the ALG and more menus.thanks again

You are welcome.

The feature to change the menu was introduced by TT many years ago for a few devices. It still works until today. The hell knows why.
This feature is still well documented in "TomTomGO-SDK6_Documentation" and on the homepage of another forum.

@Downunder35m: may I post the links?

Another way to solve your problem is: use one of the DM NCs.
You can use the corresponding NCs of mine as a base to get more available RAM (DM did never patch the ttsystem, I did never patch the PNDNavigator).

Look around. You will find them:

NC8_ME_v4.1.0-rel.zip
NC9 ME v1.0.0-pre6.zip
NC9 ME v2.0.0-pre3.zip
bmwdriver offline

Postby bmwdriver » Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 pm

rickgtx wrote:The Dark Mireille patch is the only one I found with ALG and TTS working on my EASE.

This requirement can be solved by my 9.151 with "start2" reskin + TTS from the same posting:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5506-latest-NC-prepared-for-small-and-large-devices
bmwdriver offline

Postby Downunder35m » Wed May 11, 2011 3:31 pm

There are several documents for the menu structure, even at TT : [Please Register or Login to download file]
We have some stuff here ::link:
And I know that so far no complete tomtom.mnu file was found by myself.
It might be of interest to get a full set of possible tasks and where necessary a short discription of what it is for.
Seems more and more users want missing features activated and as long as it can be done by a simple .mnu file...
If the post leads to another GPS forum it will violate the rules, but it might be possible to copy the vaild info into this thread and give credits to the original poster?
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby bmwdriver » Wed May 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Downunder35m wrote:There are several documents for the menu structure, even at TT : [..]

Yep thats my first link.
[..]. And I know that so far no complete tomtom.mnu file was found by myself.

Well, as I already mentioned. This kind of modding is old. (SDK v6 means NC v6) In those days. there were no more features then already known. TT stopped the development for it, but did not remove it for unknown reason.

If the post leads to another GPS forum it will violate the rules

Its NOT a GPS forum. Its a well known forum from the very first generation of TT patchers.
Its Open. Everyone can google for it.

The information found there are similar to the TT documentation.
bmwdriver offline

Postby tombob » Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 pm

I tried the NC9 ME v2.0.0-pre3.zip but I didn't manage to make it work : tomtom frozen=>reset, I may did something wrong in copying the files...
But digging internet I found : "Navcore 9.201 Patched for Start" with sound OK, ALG, IQ and the GPS point destination!! that works fine on my start except that it is no longer the reduced fisrt menu but the x40 like.
For the ALG I found something strange with the original NC : with tomtom home when I made a simulation I had the ALG, but on the tomtom itself no ALG : that was frustating...
tombob offline

Postby rickgtx » Thu May 12, 2011 12:37 pm

@bmwdriver
start2 works great on my EASE!

@Downunder35m
I have not found my perfect solution. My Priorities were TTS, ALG, "View Route", Help Me!, x30/x40 GUI, plus some Nice to haves. The Start2 GUI is close enough. This is the 1st real TomTom I've tried -- I have been using the 7.9 WinCE version for years and was trying to get back to that GUI.

@tombob
The 9.201 Patch for Start did not work on my EASE - lost sound. But the NC9 ME v2.0.0-pre1 did. You can try different mireille\config\modelid : 24 = x40, 25 = x30, 42 = OneIQ, 46 = Rider3. I had ALG only with x30/x40

The START and EASE manuals have ALG described. I do not know why it is missing in the native NC. It should be a function of the maps not the NC. I tried to find it in the native 9.057 NC 1st with SdkRegistry menus, but could not.

Thanks to all
rickgtx offline

Postby bmwdriver » Thu May 12, 2011 4:01 pm

bmwdriver wrote:NC9 ME v2.0.0-pre3.zip

Maybe someone wants to give it a try:
bmwdriver offline

Next

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices