TomTom One TERRIBLE SLOW after navcore update   

TomTom One TERRIBLE SLOW after navcore update

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:55 am

Hi there,

My TomTom One (New Edition) got terribly slow after an navcore update.

First I've updated to 9 053 one2009 plus CAB-navcore-ONE but that was really slow and didn't work on the TomTom.

After I managed to get 9 510 1-2039 CAB-navcore-GO working on it. That works fine with the original maps on in.

But when I try to patch this navcore version with fast activate, it takes hours and nothing happens. The TomTom stay connected to the computer, as the TomTom and computer shows. Sometimes the TomTom shows that you can't disconnect it, the same screen as you are writing something to it.

It also takes a long time when I'm copying some new maps to the TomTom via the computer. This was the case after the first navcore update.

I've already formatted the TomTom, got a new install via TomTom Home and as I said, I got Navcore 9.510 working. But connected to the computer, everything is just slow. What can I do to make it fast again. Like copying fast activate of 2mb takes more than a few minutes.

The sd-card itself works just fine. If I use it directly with the sd-card slot in my computer, copying files etc. goes on normal speed.

Kind regards,

Cabin1
Cabin1 offline

Re: TomTom One TERRIBLE SLOW after navcore update

Postby Razorblatter » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:03 am

There are different 9.510 navcore installations which take into account if it's a 32 or 64 mb ram device. Did you take that into account? 32mb ram devices use a swap file in the root.
Copying files via TT's usb is always a lot slower than sd card operations.
If you are using a sd card with all software/data on it you can patch it via the card reader of your computer. Just make sure that it has started of the device itself before patching so that ttgo.bif is created anew and it has got the latest navcore info.

Sometimes just checking or changing the usb cable helps.
Some TT devices read/write for a while (you'll see the cross on the screen) and than halt for 30-60 seconds for no apparent reason thereby prolonging disk operations. You'll just have to wait for it to finish.
Last edited by Razorblatter on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:12 pm

No I didn't take that into account. But this navcore is working properly. The only issue was the slow activation and the slow copying of files. I understand that copying through the TomTom is always slower, but at first it was a lot faster than it's now.

Yes I'm using a sd-card with all date on it. I patched it via the card reader, and it worked. Thanks a lot! I assumed the card had to be in the TomTom for activation.

The usb cables are fine, I tried a few others, it's just the TomTom itself, after the first (wrong) navcore update.

I see that the 32mb ram memory is full, is there a way I could empty it, or at least clean it up?
Cabin1 offline

Postby holyhead » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:09 pm

You can use TTClearFlash_Win.zip a couple off times.
Unpack Connect the One with your computer and use the exe file

[Please Register or Login to download file]
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:14 pm

Thanks, I tried, but it didn't work.

I've downloaded the zip, unpacked it and ran the exe file. When asked I connected the TomTom one and ran the exe file about three times. Still no free internal memorie.

Got the navcore and maps working already. But now the TomTom itself gets terribly slow. When I, for example, want to calculate a route, the screen freezes and the TomTom will reboot itself. After that I get the legal information and the normal map screen.

Navcore: 9.510.1234792.1
Map: Central Europe 970.7490 (North, because I've had the same 'slow' issue with the full map Central Europe map)
32 mb Ram, 0.0 mb available.

When I use the original sd-card with the old navcore and Benelux maps there is 1.1 mb Ram available.
Cabin1 offline

Postby holyhead » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Edit by Holyhed.
Last edited by holyhead on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby fredderf » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Razorblatter is right, if you want to use NC 9.510 you need to use a [Please Register or Login to download file] that has an inbuilt swap file otherwise your device will run incredibly slowly...as you now know
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:30 pm

Thanks guys!

Will try!
Cabin1 offline

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:47 pm

Tried the link, downloaded it (from fredderf ). Unpacked at the desktop location. Copied the files to the sd-card. Navcore was already patched. Want to start the TomTom with the new Navcore, but it freezes at the TOMTOM start screen. Reset-button didn't help. The TomTom works with the old 'original' sd-card + old navcore.

Will try the link from holyhead now
Cabin1 offline

Postby holyhead » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:05 pm

The first time it takes a while. It looks off the screen is frozen. have patience
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Cabin1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Tried the link from holyhead, it worked. Didn't had to wait so long and the TomTom is much faster. The menu screen is different than the navcore I had first, does this have a reason?

Navcore: 9.510.1234794.2
Map: Western Europe 1GB 970.7490
32 mb Ram (available 10.4 mb)

There's a lot more ram available. I have seen the ram change from 8 to 12 and now it sticks at 10.4. TomTom works a lot faster. Thanks guys!
Cabin1 offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices