TomTom One XL HDT vs One XL - Traffic - Doubt about its feat   

TomTom One XL HDT vs One XL - Traffic - Doubt about its feat

Postby luca79 » Sun May 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Dear All,
I bought my TomTom One XL HDT several days ago and this week end I am searching to undestand one important matter about my device.

Seller said me that this device supports Bluetooth connection but in this days I was not able to run this service with my phone or bluetooth ears.

So I tried to search through several devices that Tom Tom sold and I have discovered that there are two kind of models:

1) TomTom One XL

2) Tom Tom One XL HDT, as per information reported on this link

[Please Register or Login to download file]

this device doesn't support Bluetooth connection.

Could confirm me that is right, and seller did a mistake selling me a TomTom One XL HDT instead of TOMTOM One XL ?

Other question which the best Navcore for One XL HDT, I would use its GPS/GPRS built-in module for receiving Traffic information.

Now I am using Navcore 9.205.547817

Thanks in advance for reply
luca79 offline

Postby biggerdave » Sun May 08, 2011 3:37 pm

Have a look around here for different models/specs:

and whatever TomTom Home offers you is the best navcore for you.
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby bmwdriver » Sun May 08, 2011 6:27 pm

One XL first edition (2007) is the only XL that has bluetooth.
Your One XL HDT uses official v9.061 ??

If not, try this:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5506-latest-NC-prepared-for-small-and-large-devices

This is the latest available NC v9.
It would be much better for your device than v9.205.

Take a look at:
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5507-History-of-NavCores
bmwdriver offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby luca79 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:33 pm

Thanks for yout fast reply Biggerdave,
I saw information submited by your link, but unfortunally I have not found my model of TomTom.

I try to clarify me better, if I connect device to PC, it has recognized as TOM TOM ONE XL HDT, if you have cecked my link, on table at the end of page you may found features of this model, that do not include Bluetooth, instead if you looking for TOM TOM ONE XL, bluetooth is included !

For the best Navcore I tried to format internal memory, and TOM TOM HOME has installed this Navcore: navcore_7.301.8636.HDT.cab

So it should be the best official Navcore for my device !
luca79 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 09, 2011 1:53 am

You have not finnished the update process with Home, you have to repeat it until Home does no longer offer updates.
It should at least update to 7.9 or 8.01
If you have the BT symbols in the menu of your original Navcore and you can activate it than it should be supported.
You can not use a BT headset with a TT and not all phones are supported in every Navcore, but the files for that can be replaced if your phone is not supported.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby luca79 » Mon May 09, 2011 6:49 am

Thanks so much to everyone for your answers,
I loaded Navcore 9.061 and it seems to be better than 9.250, but with this firmware, on menu, bluetooth is not enable, probably this device has not bluetooth hardware installed.

Other think, I tried to install LoquendoTTS V.7, my device has 32 MB of Ram, I was able to unlock the computer voices, English and German, but I not able to hear them.

I also try to patch it with DMpatch but without any result !

Any suggestion ?

For Downunder35m, could clarify better what I have to do, at the beginning device ran Navcore 8.010, where Bluetooth was enable but it did not found any others devices like headohnes or mobiles.

But we should clarify if TOMTOM ONE XL HDT has bluetooth hardware installed or not ?

Thank in advance
luca79 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

If BT was working but not able to find a device to pair I would say your device has BT hardware installed.
You can not connect to headphones, hands-free-units or similar stuff, only to a mobile phone - the TT acts like a hands free device so it is not possible to pair to another.
One thing you could try is to check the TT website wich TT model supports your phone.
With that info we could check for the BT files in that Navcore and overwrite those included in the 8.010.
If there really is BT support on your TT it will than be able to find your phone and pair.

According to the manual the HDT has an built in GPRS module - so basically a mobile phone - to get the traffic info. [Please Register or Login to download file]
If that is your device than I fairly certain that you have no BT as it would be mentioned in the manual.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby luca79 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Dear guys,
I investigated so much for features of my device, I have discovered that TOMTOM ONE XL HDT, has not Bluetooth hardware but inside has a built-in SIM CARD as GPRS traffic receiver. On several forum over the web is noted that this SIM CARD may be used only with Vodafone carrier, but I purchased my TOMTOM in USA.

After a long searching I discover that SIM CARD for American devices expired if traffic service of TOMTOM was suspended by customers.

I found these information on the following web site:

Probably as stated on some forum, SIM CARD should be re-actived directly from TOMTOM customers service, but I have not try to call them !

Other think may some help me with LoquendoTTS V7 on Navcore 9.061, I unlocked voices but I can not heard them !

Thanks in advance
luca79 offline

Postby bmwdriver » Thu May 12, 2011 2:06 pm

luca79 wrote:probably this device has not bluetooth hardware installed.

Lets repeat:
bmwdriver wrote:One XL first edition (2007) is the only XL that has bluetooth

Other think, I tried to install LoquendoTTS V.7, my device has 32 MB of Ram, I was able to unlock the computer voices, English and German, but I not able to hear them.

Lets repeat:

bmwdriver wrote:Do NOT install it on devices with 32MB RAM. Use VocalizerTTS instead.

Take a look on
bmwdriver offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby luca79 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:52 pm

Thanks so much bmwdriver
luca79 offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices