[Help] TomTom XL Model 4ET03 - No Sound [Fixed]   

[Help] TomTom XL Model 4ET03 - No Sound [Fixed]

Postby zebrajr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:08 am

Hello everyone,

I'm not the kind of person to ask for help but I've been searching Google and NaviTotal for the past 4 weeks and I couldn't found a solution so I will ask it straight forward.

So, a co-worker of mine asked me (about one month and a half back) if I could update her TomTom. We live in Germany, but since she wants to go on holidays to Spain, and her TomTom doesn't have the maps for Spain, she asked me if I could update it.
I have did this before with a GPS from one of my brothers and one from mine brother-in-law so I thought it would be able to do it this one as well.

So the Model is a TomTom XL (Model 4ET03). I've downloaded Universal Navcore Installer and there the issue started.
If I choose the "9.510 for the XL Series" TomTom won't even boot up afterwards. It will start to boot up, then the TomTom logo just goes pixelated, to the bottom left cornor and dies.
I thought maybe it was not REALLY a XL Series so I've tested for other models. In fact, I've tested for every single model (go w/ 64Mb RAM), 32Mb Devices, X10 and even the 9.500 Riders (Both 32 and 64Mb).
Issue is. Besides the Go and the 32MB one, none of the other boot, they freeze in the pixelated logo. And from those 2, only one actually has sound (The Drum sound on the boot up animation). Can't recall right now which one because I'm not near the device at the moment, but can update this info afterwards once I get home.

I've thought it would work, installed the maps "Europe South 945.6174" found here on NaviCore (META is available of course), patched it using FastActivate (from NaviTotal as well) but then the sounds doesn't work anymore, at all.

And I'm currently stuck now. Even though I added the TTS (not sure if the model is compatible, but should be) and even added the German speeches (From a pack "TT_140Voices", also from NaviTotal, can't recall the user who posted it, but once again can give that info after wards) and it still won't have any kind of sound output.
In the Settings from the TomTom, testing the voices doesn't work (no Sound) and even though the sound is at maximum volume, still nothing.

My questions are:
- Can someone tell me which is the correct model from the Universal Navcore Installer I should use, just to be sure?
- Can anyone pin point me in the direction to get the sounds / voices to work, or some debugging procedure so I can find where the problem lies?

Thank you in advance,
Sincerely,
zebrajr

Edit: Fixed some typos on the post. Changed the Title from the post to match the issue that was being faced.
Last edited by zebrajr on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zebrajr offline

Re: [Help] TomTom XL Model 4ET03

Postby tendriver » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Please run TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011} & copy the results in this topic.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Re: [Help] TomTom XL Model 4ET03

Postby zebrajr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:46 pm

Thanks for the quick reply tendriver.

I was able to get a Fix on the issue.
Here is what I did, in case some one finds the same problem:

- Clean Format (FAT32)
- Used Universal Navicore Installer and installed the up-to-date Version of the Go Navicore (note: The Navicore worked, but didn't have any sound, so I decided to keep testing it. Point being, using the Navicore that makes the TomTom work, without lagging or anything)
- Installed Europe South 945.6174 Maps (version I've downloaded since the new maps didn't have META when I've started to work with the TomTom)
- Copied the 2 German Voices to the TomTom (had to create the folder "voices" in the root directory)
- Used FastActivate to patch the maps and voices
- Connected the TomTom to the PC, used TomTom Home 2 to check for updates, updated the Voices
- Restarted the TomTom
- Checked once again for updates via TomTom Home 2. Updated (the now available) System software
- Restarted the TomTom and patched everything again (Maps, Voices AND Navicore) with FastActivate

After that, was working like a charm.
Can't still find why it didn't have any sounds what so ever, but if I was to guess I would say it was the current version of the Navicore for the TomTom.

Anyway, this is what I did to fix the issue.
Hope if someone has the same kind of issue that this serves of some sort of help.

Thank you once again for the support, tutorials and the huge database of files,
Sincerely,
zebrajr

Edit: I can use "TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011}" and post the results afterwards if you are interested, but I already gave the GPS back since it was working and she needs it since we have holidays from Thursday till Sunday and she is going on a small trip. In any case, if you are stilll interested in the results, can post them Monday (08/06/15).
zebrajr offline

Re: [Help] TomTom XL Model 4ET03 - No Sound [Fixed]

Postby tendriver » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:48 pm

zebrajr wrote:I can use "TomTom Current Configuration {13.11.2011}" and post the results afterwards if you are interested

I'm no longer interested.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices