Splash and Closing screen sound   

Splash and Closing screen sound

Postby BigAl2108 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:57 am

I have a TomTom 720 with a 9.510.1234792.103 Navcore and a 954.6746 Australia map, just installed. At one time a navcore I used, presumably, gave me sounds on the splash screen and the closing screen. I think I had "Hello, This is HAL" as the opening splash screen came up, and "I'll be back!" on the closing screen. How can I re-install these? Does it need a different navcore?
BigAl2108 offline

Re: Splash and Closing screen sound

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:50 am

By checking the the TT website- it is all explained in detail how to add images and sounds ;)
The "I'll be back" was from one of my older Navcores, should been together with a nasty gnome....
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby BigAl2108 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:30 pm

Thanks for the reply. It appears then, that the sounds I mentioned simply cannot be played using the latest Navcore. So TomTom have gone backwards. The splashw.ogg file etc are still on my root directory, just waiting for an updated Navcore to have the capability to play them.
BigAl2108 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:58 am

BigAl2108 wrote:Thanks for the reply. It appears then, that the sounds I mentioned simply cannot be played using the latest Navcore. So TomTom have gone backwards. The splashw.ogg file etc are still on my root directory, just waiting for an updated Navcore to have the capability to play them.

A 720 will play any .ogg sound with any navcore.
Fresh copies are available.
For "Good morning, this is HAL!!" go to: TT Home, Add Traffic, Voices and other services, Sounds, startup sounds, bottom of page 1, HAL 9000.
For "I'll be back" go to: TT Home, Add Traffic, Voices and other services, Sounds, shutdown sounds, bottom of page 1, "I'll be back".
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby BigAl2108 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:36 am

Startup and Shutdown sounds are 'greyed out'. so can't be accessed.
BigAl2108 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:58 am

I encountered this problem on my device too but did not really bother too much.
It comes down a combination of the Navcore used (original, SE or one of mine), what emulation is used and wehter or not the device is off or in standby mode.
For example I don't get the start sound when coming from standy, but do get it after a full shutdown.
The exit sound does not work in all emulations and where it does it still is weird.
Turning it off manually and it stays silent, turning off over the ignition and I have the sound.

But as I said, a working startup / shutdown sound is the least of navigational worries LOL
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby BigAl2108 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:10 am

Thanks for that. I'm really happy with everything else anyway - and for all the effort you've made. I was actually thinking of getting a new Sat-Nav with 'Lifetime Maps', but the easy way the new maps install is great. I still can't quite understand why we have to pay so much for so-called 'up to date' maps when so many new sat-navs have free lifetime maps - including TomTom. (I say 'so-called' because my latest map still has an incorrectly marked road or two, despite Map Share and uploaded corrections. Ah well..how can you soar with Eagles when you have to waddle with Turkeys!?). Thanks again.
BigAl2108 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Downunder35m wrote:It comes down a combination of the Navcore used (original, SE or one of mine), what emulation is used and wehter or not the device is off or in standby mode.

X20 with 9.510 set to emu X50 works quite well..
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices