Screenshot tap / button on 9.051 SE navcore   

Screenshot tap / button on 9.051 SE navcore

Postby jimbohones » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

I downloaded and am using bmwdriver's 9.051 SE navcore on my Go730. Everything seems to work great, however I have found the screen shot button a nuisance in some instances.

Instance 1 - When trying to zoom in on a map
Instance 2 - As my unit has bluetooth I use it as my handsfree while driving. The phone icon is in the top left corner where the screen shot tap is located so I have trouble interacting with the phone features.

Can the screen shot link be moved say, to the top middle of the screen (or anywhere else for that matter) rather than the top left corner? Or at the very least can the tap be disabled?
jimbohones offline

Postby biggerdave » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Why not use the on/off version from http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3775-Screenshot-ON-OFF or try just deleting the "screen" folder
::thumbup:: S i m p l e s ::thumbup::
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby jimbohones » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Yeah I found the on/off version. I thought it wasn't working for me after a few reboots, but I did manage to get it to work in the end.
TIP: when you press the screenshot button to invoke it, the unit will seem like it shuts down. Leave it alone and it will actually start up again in about 30 seconds - 1 minute. That was my mistake initially - I thought it wasn't rebooting properly so I fast tracked it by hitting the reset button.
jimbohones offline

Postby oldfogy » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:01 pm

Personally I prefer the method of creating a folder called "Screen" etc (instructions below) I can't find the original post, but fortunately had them copied down.

Method 1.

How To Capture a TT Screen.

1. Create a directory in the root of your TT and name it "Screen" (without the quotes)
2. In the new Screen folder create an empty .txt file and call it "Capture" (once you save it remove the .txt extension!)
3. Re-start the TT and test.
4. Capture by tapping the upper-left corner (notice the camera sound)
5. The screen-captures are stored in the new Screen folder.

6. To temporarily disable it just slightly re-name the Screen folder (maybe to "1 Screen") without the quotes.
Lets face it, you will probably be using it when hooked up to the computer so it is actually the easiest method to use.

Method 2.

The link to the "Screenshot On/Off" method "which I will say I did not like" because it keeps making the TomTom re-boot each time a action is done.
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?6228-Screenshot-tap-button-on-9.051-SE-navcore&highlight=Screenshot+ON-OFF

oldfogy offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I think his problem was not how to take screen shots, but how to avoid them.
The screen folder is included in BMWdrivers release.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Wizard » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 pm

This is a great feature.

Thanks
Wizard offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices