No QuickGpsFix after installing 9.051   

No QuickGpsFix after installing 9.051

Postby ercbul » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi
I installed BMWdrivers 9.051 navcore on my GO710 and love it - a real improvement especially the voice input and ALG

I have one problem however that Home is no longer offering me QuickGPSfix update

It does offer me mapshare data.

I had to edit the TTGO.bif file to get Home to stop offering me the old navcore - not sure if I did it correctly

here's my config info...

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 710
DeviceVersionHW=GO 710
BootLoaderVersion=48600
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9051
ApplicationVersion=503855.2
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
TTNAVIGATOR.BIF:
Not Found...

Any help would be greatly appreciated
ercbul offline

Postby johan81 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Copy the ephem folder from your previous installation, then it should work again! I reverted back to 9.024 myself, but that is because I cannot get TMC to work on my 710....

Where did you get your copy of this navcore?
johan81 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:17 am

Ok, using the old Ephem folder should give you back your QuickFix, but you can also use the 9.430 for X10 devices that I uploaded here : [Please Register or Login to download file]
There should be the fix for TMC included if you mean by problem you won't get a station or data to download. It won't really help if your traffic bar is not showing at all.
Manual fix to get TMC working again is to either use the mctx.dat file from your working Navcore or to use the one supplied with the 8.351 NC.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:15 am

ercbul wrote:I had to edit the TTGO.bif file to get Home to stop offering me the old navcore - not sure if I did it correctly

You can't edit the ttgo.bif file, since your device creates a new one every time you boot it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ercbul » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 am

Hi
I followed some instruction for the TTGO.bif - basically edited it then renamed it to "ttgo.bakDisconnect" and it seemed to do the trick anyway.
Thanks for the Ephem folder advice - worked perfectly.
Tried your navcore but I like the fancy 3way split taskbar on the 9.051 version I've got - I think I might have originally downloaded it from another site.
Thanks for your help- nice to find such a freindly supportive site.
ercbul
ercbul offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm

ercbul wrote:Hi
1. I followed some instruction for the TTGO.bif - basically edited it then renamed it to "ttgo.bakDisconnect" and it seemed to do the trick anyway.
Thanks for the Ephem folder advice - worked perfectly.
2. Tried your navcore but I like the fancy 3way split taskbar on the 9.051 version I've got - I think I might have originally downloaded it from another site.
Thanks for your help- nice to find such a freindly supportive site.
ercbul

1. "ttgo.bakDisconnect" is not a valid "name". It should be "ttgo.bak".

2. ALL 9.XXX navcores have "the fancy 3way split taskbar" if you use a SE version and the right emu.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby alimori » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Ok, using the old Ephem folder should give you back your QuickFix, but you can also use the 9.430 for X10 devices that I uploaded here : [Please Register or Login to download file]
There should be the fix for TMC included if you mean by problem you won't get a station or data to download. It won't really help if your traffic bar is not showing at all.
Manual fix to get TMC working again is to either use the mctx.dat file from your working Navcore or to use the one supplied with the 8.351 NC.

Since I have a TT910 I would like know why this 9.43 linked version is suitable for TT x10. (Is DSA or SE? Patched or not patched. Main differences with other versions that don't are specific for old serie).
alimori offline

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices