Navcose SE for GO 630, switchfiles and jukebox   

Navcose SE for GO 630, switchfiles and jukebox

Postby qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi,

I just would like to check if my understanding is correct for the SE version of navcores before loosing all my hairs:

I have GO 630, which does not support MP3 (no jukebox). The SE navcores, thanks to the switchfiles, are supposed to allow emulating other versions of TomToms.
I have successfully installed a SE version of Navcore 9.465 and setup the setconfig.txt file to emulate other tomtom environment successfully. However, still no jukebox icon available, regardless of the model I setup in the different files.

So is it because I just messed up with the different options or navcore versions, but there is a way to accomplish what I am looking for? Or are SE navcore some kind of theme change, but the native limitation of the GPS are still there?

Thanks in advance for your help.
qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:01 pm

qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj wrote:Hi,

I just would like to check if my understanding is correct for the SE version of navcores before loosing all my hairs:

I have GO 630, which does not support MP3 (no jukebox). The SE navcores, thanks to the switchfiles, are supposed to allow emulating other versions of TomToms.
I have successfully installed a SE version of Navcore 9.465 and setup the setconfig.txt file to emulate other tomtom environment successfully. However, still no jukebox icon available, regardless of the model I setup in the different files.

So is it because I just messed up with the different options or navcore versions, but there is a way to accomplish what I am looking for? Or are SE navcore some kind of theme change, but the native limitation of the GPS are still there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You answered your own question!! If a device does not have the required "hardware" a feature will not function no matter what navcore you install or what emu you set it for.

Only the GO 910, all of the GO X20, X30, except the 630, & 940 models have the mp3 player. For 100% confirmation, no Jukebox in the X20 emu = no Jukebox ever!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks tendriver for the quick reply.

I did your test, and I do have the jukebox with the x20 emulation and it is working. I have certainly messed up the test at the time I did it ...

That makes sense to me that I cannot have the FM transmitter as I don't have the hardware, but I was hoping that the mp3 player was software related only (indeed, tomplayer is able to play them) and it seems to be the case.

Now I have to figure out how to have it on x30 or x40 emulation.
qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:19 am

qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj wrote:Thanks tendriver for the quick reply.

I did your test, and I do have the jukebox with the x20 emulation and it is working. I have certainly messed up the test at the time I did it ...

That makes sense to me that I cannot have the FM transmitter as I don't have the hardware, but I was hoping that the mp3 player was software related only (indeed, tomplayer is able to play them) and it seems to be the case.

Now I have to figure out how to have it on x30 or x40 emulation.

Since a 630 does not support Jukebox, & 9.465 is the current official 630 navcore, you will never get Jukebox with X30 emu. I have Jukebox with X40 emu on my GO X20, but no auto day/nite.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:42 am

It seems I have found a way to make it work with the x30 emu. Here is how I did it:
  1. I have installed the Navcore 9.465 SE available in the forum
  2. Use the "setconfig.txt" switchfile to set the emu to "x30" (maybe it could be left to "ori", but I didn't had the time to try), set the FM to "fmon" (I read somewhere that the MP3 player was linked to this switch, even if no FM transmitter are really available) and bluetooth to "bton" as well.
  3. Edit the ttgo.bif file and cut paste all values from the "unsupportedfeatures" variable to the "supportedfeatures" one. There is a "MP3" value that seems to be granting the access to the jukebox, but I copy pasted everything, as it doesn't cost more.

In the switchfiles, there is the possibility to use the "version.txt" that is supposed to generate the proper ttgo.bif, but I was not able to find the values to insert in it in order to create one with the values for go 730 (I don't understand the logic of the numbers to put in the "A" and "B" variables and only few examples are available on the web). This is why I edited it directly.

I had some issues having the ttgo.bif overwritten with standard values at restart, but it seems that the tool clearing the flash and a reset took care of this issue. It seems also (but I need to double check) that each time I connect my Tomtom to Tomtom Home, it overwrites also the file and I have to edit it again, but if this is the price to pay to have the jukebox working, I am fine with it as I don't connect it to my computer that often.

As I am just a noob, if someone has a cleaner way to accomplish the same result, I am interested.
qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:25 am

The ttgo.bif is created at every start, so no point in editing it.
It should and can't really affect anything on the device ;)
For Home you need a ttgo.bak and ttgo.ori (depending on the patcher used) to fool Home into thinking a different NC is installed - you will find the correct values in Tendrivers thread for the 9.465.

I know there are still people out there that prefer to use the TT jukebox - but at what price??
If the TT is used for navigation the music is interrupted, in the city to an extend that makes listening to music a pain.
I prefer to use my car stereo and drop my SD or USB stick in, or if your stereo is too old for such comfort I would think about spending 10 bucks and use a MP3 player for the cigarett lighter, they even come with a remote and FM transmitter these days ;)
Some people here rip them apart and permanently mount into the dash board so that only the SD slot and IR receiver sticks out.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby holyhead » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:09 pm

If you use the
8.398-WORK/TRUCK- DSA Navcore in Full mode for all devices then you have a Yukebox for the 630.

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2194-DSA-Navcore
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:24 pm

You will get the jukebox with any Navcore prepared by the DSA tool or by the use of the SE version files.
The simple fact will be always the same: you need the correct emulation, and a MP3 folder on the device.
Devices like the X10 series, XL and the 630 are known for ages to cause problems - not just with the jukebox.
In the old days you simply used a good V8 Navcore and all was good, since you need a V9 NC for the full featured maps the mentioned devices run into problems all the time.
As long as problems are related to the navigation part they need to be addressed, IMHO a missing jukebox is nothing to worry as I said in my previous posting ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby holyhead » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:04 pm

@ qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj
says

As I am just a noob, if someone has a cleaner way to accomplish
the same result, I am interested.

That is the reason that I mentioned the 8398 DSA unpack it
Install and it is ready to run.

Off course he has a limited choise off maps but when he used the truckmap he has everything.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks Holyhead and Downunder35m for your replies. I start to understand the TT logic

Ok, I have now the explanation why the jukebox was appearing and disappearing and as you mentioned, it has nothing to do with the ttgo.bif file. It is as dumb as:
my "mp3" folder is located on my sdcard, whereas the navcore and my main map is on the internal memory. between my test, I was removing/putting the sdcard in order to avoid having it bothering me during the updates (I have additional maps stored on it). => just a user pb :wallbash: :s016:

For those who need it, the ttgo information are given by tendriver here:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11143-Navcore-Version-9.465&p=92417#post92417

@Holyhead
I am using the SE version that I found here:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?11143-Navcore-Version-9.465

@Downunder35m
I am part of the category of old stereo and old TT owner :D. I was initially using tomplayer, but it cannot be used during navigation. I didn't thought about MP3 player with transmitter. That will certainly be my alternative choice if the nice "Juliette" voice interrupt too many times my favorite new song or if it generates too many technical issues as you suggest.
I agree that the purpose of a TT is navigation, but if it can handle the mp3 player part, that would save me some space in the car and some bucks (the second point being more relevant for me than the first ;))
qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:48 pm

qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj wrote:In the switchfiles, there is the possibility to use the "version.txt" that is supposed to generate the proper ttgo.bif, but I was not able to find the values to insert in it in order to create one with the values for go 730 (I don't understand the logic of the numbers to put in the "A" and "B" variables and only few examples are available on the web). This is why I edited it directly.

qsdflmkjqsmdlfkj wrote:For those who need it, the ttgo information are given by tendriver here:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread....2417#post92417

Version.txt does the same thing that creating a ttgo.bak file does. You are using the current navcore for your 630 & have no need for either one.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices