Navcore 9 with Truck Options   

Navcore 9 with Truck Options

Postby fairytooth » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:05 pm

It would appear that Navcore 9.004.go750_blue_me_v1.CAB-navcore-GO_Blue_Me (i.e. a non SE Navcore for X50 models designed for Fiat Blue & Me) when installed on an x40 device generates Vehicle Profile options.

On a YouTube video the operator selects a Truck profile which then changes his route to the same destination for a Car profile.

I just wondered if Downunder has come across this phenomenon and can verify/negate the claim.
fairytooth offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:12 am

The 9.004 indeed offers Truck like features, which is one reason I use when towing the boat.
It was originally included in this NC because there had been plans for a big camper van that meant to use TT, but it never happened.
Although it seems to be tempting it is not a real Truck _Navigation as the data for it is missing in the maps and the Truck map is not supported.
For the real Truck special data inside the Truck map is used to calculate a route,
the 9.004 can only use the normal data available in any map.

Things the 9.004 can do:
It will try to avoid sharp turns and narrow roads if there is a suitable alternative near by.
If present in the map it will consider bus and taxi lanes if the vehicle profile is matching - does not always work as expected.
It will try to minimise turns if a long vehicle is set, that means even if there is a quick turn over it will direct you through suitable roads to get back on track.

Things that can't be done with the 9.004:
You don't get real Truck functions and you can't use the Truck map - at least not as such (only as a normal EU map).
Features that are important for real trucks are missing like height, weight and load restrictions - so even if you have set the profile to a semi trailer you will crash under the next bridge that is too low.
The bus and taxi functions are not always working, I assume this is because of missing data in the map.

So what is it good for?
IMHO it is a fair alternative for regions not covered by the EU Truck map.
Even if you never get a fully working Truck set up it can and will save you a lot of stress when towing big things behind you, same for these huge camper vans like the Vinnebago!?
One of the best things about it I oticed is that this NC runs very stable on my 730 while giving all hardware features (depending on the Emu).

Hope that clears it up ;)
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby fairytooth » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:12 am

It certainly does! Many thanks.

PS Have created a 9.004 for my GO930 and it works fine as a pseudo Truck Navcore subject to the above limitations re truck attributes.
fairytooth offline

Postby tendriver » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:57 pm

fairytooth wrote:Have created a 9.004 for my GO930 and it works fine as a pseudo Truck Navcore subject to the above limitations re truck attributes.

It serves what useful purpose, if you are in an area covered by the Truck map?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:13 am

None as in that case the real Truck combo is preferred, but for areas outside the EU or for the countries not covered by the truck map it can be helpful up to a stage.
As I said it is not a real truck system and you should be aware that no truck attributes as in the truck map are available.
The vehicle profiles only affect the routing based on the normal map parameters, e.g. avoiding residential streets, U-turns or sharp turns.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices