Navcore/ Maps for TomTom XL model 4ET03 / GJ s/n [Garbled Screen]   

Navcore/ Maps for TomTom XL model 4ET03 / GJ s/n [Garbled Screen]

Postby weezul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:28 pm

Hey guys,
Trying to update my tomtom using this website. As far as I can tell, the newest navcore is compatible with this device, the TomTom HOME software suggested upgrading to version 9.510.

So, I downloaded that version from the megathread and installed it to the tomtom. It booted up, but it said there were no voice files, and it continually kept rebooting. It would also not find a GPS signal. As for the maps, I looked at the chart in the 920 navcore thread and went with UK+ROI, 920.5267 with the EXE installer which automatically patches also.

Using this combination, as described the tomtom turns on but is then stuck in a bootloop. There's also no voices. I read up about installing the voices first, but could not find where to get them, or where they go on the device. They do however show up on TomTom HOME , or used to. TomTomHOME is now stuck in an update loop for the home software, i'm currently reinstalling that now!

My second attempt was to download "Universal Navcore Installer". From there, I tried the specific version for XL devices, and also the XL version for 32mb RAM devices. Both of these make the screen garbled. The device boots up, but then the tomtom logo gets pushed to the lower corner of the device, like it's set up the screen incorrectly. It then just hangs there until I press the reset button.

Can anyone help? I really thought I had done this right from everything I've read....
Thanks!

Full Model Number: 4ET0.002.03
s/n XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Contents of ttgo.bif [important stuff anyway!] [This is from the backup of the device, I backed up the entire internal memory before starting, and this is the contents of THAT ttgo.bif. There doesn't seem to be one on the device after updating the navcore

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=XL
DeviceSerialNumber=GJ

In my current state of booting with garbled screen, there seems to be no ttgo.bif on the internal memory.

Thanks for any help!
weezul offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Some XL models handle the screen differently, the 9.485 should work fine, otherwise manually edit the reskin file in my Navcores to set the emulation to 43-XL_light.
Installing the standard Navcore through Home will work too.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby weezul » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:47 pm

If i update the navcore through TomTom Home, will it work with the cracked maps if i use the AutoPatcher thingy on the core?

I'll look for said reskin file now, will it be on the TomTom somewhere?
Thanks
weezul offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:14 pm

1. you still have all you personal details in the first posting, whoch should be deleted.
2. there is no thingy, if you want our help get used to the terms as we don't have the right translators here.
3. I would now know if you find the reskin file on your TT as I don't know what you currently have have installed.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby weezul » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:46 am

Downunder35m wrote:1. you still have all you personal details in the first posting, whoch should be deleted.
2. there is no thingy, if you want our help get used to the terms as we don't have the right translators here.
3. I would now know if you find the reskin file on your TT as I don't know what you currently have have installed.

Sorry, after going back to the original software it was on the navcore you suggested. After installing the maps and running FastActivator it seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your patience
weezul offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:54 pm

You're welcome!
Important thing is that everything works to your liking now.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Re: Navcore/ Maps for TomTom XL model 4ET03 / GJ s/n [Garbled Screen]

Postby monstro900 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi,

I have the same TomTom. I installed the DSA patched navcore 9.510 for this device (kept the original ttgo.bif) and use the latest fastactivated 940 maps.
Works like a charm !

regards.
monstro900 offline

Re: Navcore/ Maps for TomTom XL model 4ET03 / GJ s/n [Garble

Postby jfkami » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Im looking for working maps for the XL2 IQ model 4et0.002.03
Portuguese maps or Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB
jfkami offline

Re: Navcore/ Maps for TomTom XL model 4ET03 / GJ s/n [Garble

Postby biggerdave » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:01 pm

jfkami wrote:Im looking for working maps for the XL2 IQ model 4et0.002.03
Portuguese maps or Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB

I would suggest you start by looking/searching around for a previous (v1110 map released in May-23) as there are very few v1115 maps that you could use:-
maps-v1xxx/compatible-chart-v1110-nav2-maps-t23343.html
maps-v1xxx/tomtom-v1110-maps-t23326.html
maps-v1xxx/worldwide-coverages-and-search-t20675.html
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to > Navcores 9 for TomTom Devices